Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
DrMartinus
DrMartinus began at the beginning.

Device: OYO
Calibre doesn't find files on Sony PSR-T1

Hi,

I didn't find helpful threads elswhere (maybe I searched in the wrong way), so I try it with a new thread:

I've installed the latest Calibre on my Ubuntu 11.04 with Gnome 2.32.1
Now, when I connect the new Sony PSR-T1, which has a few books stored on the card, I get this message:
Code:
calibre, version 0.8.64
FEHLER: Fehler: Fehler bei der Kommunikation mit dem Gerät

[Errno 2] Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden: '/media/READER/Sony_Reader/media/books/Chaucer, Geoffrey/Canterbury-Erzahlungen - Chaucer, Geoffrey.epub'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 83, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 405, in _books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/prst1/driver.py", line 196, in books
File "genericpath.py", line 54, in getmtime
OSError: [Errno 2] Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden: '/media/READER/Sony_Reader/media/books/Chaucer, Geoffrey/Canterbury-Erzahlungen - Chaucer, Geoffrey.epub'
The first lines mean basically: "ERROR: error: error when communicating with the device. File or folder not found: '/media....'"
In fact, the looked for file isn't there, but on the card, which is mounted separately by Gnome in a different folder. Calibre doesn't find it, or doesn't look for it.
Any suggestions?
DrMartinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You likely have a corrupted books.db on your device. delete it and disconnect the device, let it regenerate it and you should be fine. Note that doing so will cause you to lose your bookmarks/last read info etc.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
DrMartinus
DrMartinus began at the beginning.

Device: OYO
Sorry for the late reply. Your suggestion helped, everything is fine now. Thanks!
DrMartinus is offline   Reply With Quote