Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #1
Alantra
Enthusiast
Alantra began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Aldiko

Can someone help me with this.

I would like to download Aldiko to my Vox as I hate the way that Overdrive formats books. I cannot read with out nice margins..

Can someone help a not so techie chick with this?

Thank you!

Lori
Alantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #2
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=aldiko+download

It's the first link on google. Just click download, enter an email (real or not) as prompted and hit "Grab it".
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #3
Alantra
Enthusiast

Thanks that was cute.

I asked the question as I have already been to the site and I put in my gmail address and it says I don't own a device.

I will try the email part when I get home.

Thanks again,

Lori
Old 01-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
Laridae
Addict
Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Blackberry PlayBook, Nexus 4, ChromeBook
I tried all that but it doesn't work.
When i click Grabit the URL flashes briefly in the top box and then nothing happens.
When I click the top arrow to see the status of the download, it's not there.
No message is given, it just doesn't download.

And when I try to search for it in GetJar, it's not available there either.
So, how do i get it, anyone?
Laridae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #5
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

There are two options, one says Android Market and one says download directly.
Advert
Old 01-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #6
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
As usual Jeff is on the ball I was about to mention the same thing. The link on the left side is the android market which Vox can't use and one on the right provides you with a direct download from the Aldiko site itself.

Entering an email on the right side will get you this message:

Sorry, the email could not be sent. Click here to download directly. Thanks.

And clicking on the "here" will start the apk downloading.

At least that's what happened for me when I downloaded the app for my Vox.
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:47 AM   #7
jefftheworld
Groupie

Yeah, just browse to that link from your Vox to make it easier to install. After clicking the "here" link, it'll begin downloading the apk. Simply tap on the apk in the download manager when it's done and choose install.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #8
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
I downloaded the apk on my PC and put it in Dropbox so I can install it on the Vox. It's just so much quicker and easier than using the Vox browser.

Anyway, I was told elsewhere that Aldiko would load DRM books but it won't for me. A was also told there was a "catalog" link or button so could borrow books from my public library using Overdrive and I don't see that either. I was hoping to have all my Kobo, Kindle and Overdrive books in one place, but all I have is just another app. What am I missing?
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #9
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyellr View Post
I downloaded the apk on my PC and put it in Dropbox so I can install it on the Vox. It's just so much quicker and easier than using the Vox browser.

Anyway, I was told elsewhere that Aldiko would load DRM books but it won't for me. A was also told there was a "catalog" link or button so could borrow books from my public library using Overdrive and I don't see that either. I was hoping to have all my Kobo, Kindle and Overdrive books in one place, but all I have is just another app. What am I missing?
I just gave you more details in the other thread...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=164044
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #10
Alantra
Enthusiast

Still not working.

After i click here, it saysnot found.

Any thoughts?
Old 01-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #11
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alantra View Post
Still not working.

After i click here, it saysnot found.

Any thoughts?

try the link in the other thread above...#15 post
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote