Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-30-2011, 05:40 AM   #1
NightStar76
Enthusiast
NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nook
Freezes on new content

I've seen this issue before, but I've figured my problem is different enough to warrant a new topic... essentially, the Kobo TOuch freezes on the Processing New Content Screen. Little circle thing stops moving, it doesn't respond to buttons or the switch on top being pulled, and needs to be reset.

All of my books have been sideloaded directly, without calibre. They are mostly epubs, all of which have been run through the Kobo Bulk Fixer (which actually made it go a bit longer without freezing, but it still froze. From 19% to 28%!) The rest of the books are pdfs, apart from two mobis.

The kobo is 100% up to date on the latest firmware and is fully charged. Where should I start looking for a solution?
NightStar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:57 AM   #2
GoingDown
Zealot
GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Touch
You probably have one or more invalid ePub files, and thus the new content scanner hangs on those.

Somehow, you should try to find the book(s) which is invalid and fix that.
GoingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2011, 01:42 AM   #3
shannont
Connoisseur
shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch, retired Sony PR300
I was having this problem, it wouldn't even load one single epub via sideloading. I had to do a factor reset and my KT works great now.
shannont is offline   Reply With Quote