Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-11-2011, 02:17 AM   #1
mrclogz1947
mrclogz1947 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
mrclogz1947 KOBO fighter

new to this full of expectations.lots of problems with KOBO reader.
I purchased one from a bookshop chain in NZ starting the name with W.
The machine came loaded with 100 books.Since yesterday another person had a KOBO reader touch not from a bookshop I think I could this reader getting to work on their computer.Loaded Adobe program and KOBO program.It went fine could synchrony the thing and load a book from our library.It was an iMac with SL.My own iMac with lion download the files from the library but these are not recognized.Puzzled and lost many hours do not know how to solve?Maybe this forum might help?

MrClogz1947 Jan Verweerde Whangaparaoa
mrclogz1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards, Jan
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2011, 10:50 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi mrclogz and welcome to MobileRead. I'd recommend you post questions about your reader on our Kobo section.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:06 PM   #4
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #5
mrclogz1947
mrclogz1947 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
My problems solved by Auckland digital libraries helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclogz1947 View Post
new to this full of expectations.lots of problems with KOBO reader.
I purchased one from a bookshop chain in NZ starting the name with W.
The machine came loaded with 100 books.Since yesterday another person had a KOBO reader touch not from a bookshop I think I could this reader getting to work on their computer.Loaded Adobe program and KOBO program.It went fine could synchrony the thing and load a book from our library.It was an iMac with SL.My own iMac with lion download the files from the library but these are not recognized.Puzzled and lost many hours do not know how to solve?Maybe this forum might help?

MrClogz1947 Jan Verweerde Whangaparaoa
This is what I could use to solve and now load the files on my KOBO.
Hi

To set your computer to always open ACSM files with Adobe Digital Editions (on Mac):

1. Control-click the 'urllink.acsm' file and select 'Get Info'.
The 'urllink.acsm Info' window is displayed.
2. Expand the 'Open with:' section and click 'Other…'.
A list of programs is displayed.
3. Select 'Adobe Digital Editions'.
4. Check the 'Always Open With' checkbox.
5. Click the 'Add' button.
6. Close the 'urllink.acsm Info' window.
Adobe Digital Editions is now set to open ACSM files.

Please let me know if anything else comes up

Kind regards

J
mrclogz1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
acme, adobe, kobo ereader, not recognized