Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-27-2011, 09:44 AM   #76
coderserdar
Groupie
coderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five words

Device: Amazon Kindle 3 Wifi, İpod Touch 4th Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
Ten Little Indians - Agatha Christie
good choice
coderserdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:29 PM   #77
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Another vote for Josephine Tey. My personal favourite is "Brat Farrar" but I love "The Daughter of Time" very much too. (It made me an ardent supporter of Richard III.)

No-one has mentioned Nicolas Freeling I think. I enjoy his books very much also.

Also P D James' early books - the more recent ones are much too padded out in my opinion. I think my favourite would be "Innocent Blood".
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2011, 11:13 PM   #78
vigag
vigag began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
While I do think "The Daughter of Time" is one of the most memorable mysteries (and converted me to a supporter of Richard too), my vote for best of all time is "The Day of the Jackal" by Frederick Forsyth. What other book is there in which you know the final outcome before you even start reading, but can't put it down until you see exactly how the story turns out??
vigag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:57 PM   #79
coderserdar
Groupie
coderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigag View Post
While I do think "The Daughter of Time" is one of the most memorable mysteries (and converted me to a supporter of Richard too), my vote for best of all time is "The Day of the Jackal" by Frederick Forsyth. What other book is there in which you know the final outcome before you even start reading, but can't put it down until you see exactly how the story turns out??
the movie from the book was so good
but after i read the book, i think about that is a bad kovie
forsyth is an excellent author in the mystery genre
Old 12-13-2011, 06:34 PM   #80
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
The mask of Dimitrios, by Eric Ambler
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2011, 06:38 PM   #81
coderserdar
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
The mask of Dimitrios, by Eric Ambler
that is a good book too
i suppose that it tells about my country, TURKEY
Old 12-13-2011, 06:43 PM   #82
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderserdar View Post
that is a good book too
i suppose that it tells about my country, TURKEY
Yes, the story starts in Istanbul...
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:50 PM   #83
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
At the moment, I would go with the Rizzoli & Isles series (books, not the TV series) by Tess Gerritsen. They are much better then the TV series and the books are very well written.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote