guguy
Groupie
guguy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
NUUT NP-601 price

Hi folk,

Today I checked http://www.nuutbook.com/ (with babelfish) and the
price of the NUUT NP-601 (Korean Cybook GEN3) is 310$ including 10% VAT,
moreover they sell the leather case for 20$.

Considering that a 2GB SD card costs less than 20$ and an AC adapter
costs less than 10$, the cost of the gen3 delux pack (leather case, 2GB SD
and AC adapter) should be less than 50$! (all these prices including 20% VAT)

However Bookeen asks 100$ for this "delux pack", and I'm not even sure
this includes VAT...

Don't you feel like bookeen is really asking too much? Well, I do...
guguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:24 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you think it's too much, don't buy it. Nobody is going to force you to do so! I suspect that most of the price is for the leather case. $20 doesn't get you much of a leather case - I would hope that the Bookeen one would be a lot nicer than that.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2007, 04:35 AM   #3
guguy
Groupie
guguy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
We'll see, but I suspect them to sell the same one.
guguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:21 AM   #4
MikeF74
Groupie
MikeF74 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Where are you getting the prices for the Bookeen accessory packs? I couldn't see that anywhere on their site.
MikeF74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:52 AM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF74 View Post
Where are you getting the prices for the Bookeen accessory packs? I couldn't see that anywhere on their site.
The deluxe Cybook comes with the accessories and cost $100 more. That is where he got the price.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2007, 09:00 AM   #6
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
And the 450€ price for the deluxe edition was mentioned here, that's where he got the price.

Last edited by IceHand; 09-20-2007 at 09:03 AM.
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 01:11 PM   #7
Ravenflight
Connoisseur
Ravenflight began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader, Macbook, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If you think it's too much, don't buy it. Nobody is going to force you to do so! I suspect that most of the price is for the leather case. $20 doesn't get you much of a leather case - I would hope that the Bookeen one would be a lot nicer than that.
Yep, a good leather case is worth a lot more to me than 20.00. Wasn't Sony asking a 150.00 premium when they had the Dooney Valentine edition Reader? And the only thing special about that was the Dooney leather case- which I would happily pay for if only they would offer it as an accessory! Please Sony Please!
Ravenflight is offline   Reply With Quote