Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-07-2011, 03:36 AM   #1
turb0sun
turb0sun began at the beginning.

Device: none
Send to device, sorted by format folder

Hi,

I've been having a problem where I want to send my Calibre ebooks to my device (Droid 2 using Aldiko) sorted by format folder on the device. For example, say I have a book in PDF format that I want to send to the device's folder (F:/eBooks). What I want is when I click "Send to device", it will send it to /eBooks/PDF/ folder, right now it only sends it to /eBooks/import/ but does not sort by a format folder, instead dumping every format (EPUB, MOBI, PDF) into one folder.

The template I'm using under Preferences->Send to device is
Code:
{#formats}/{title} - {authors}
where "formats" should be a custom lookup field.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
turb0sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:25 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by turb0sun View Post
Hi,

I've been having a problem where I want to send my Calibre ebooks to my device (Droid 2 using Aldiko) sorted by format folder on the device. For example, say I have a book in PDF format that I want to send to the device's folder (F:/eBooks). What I want is when I click "Send to device", it will send it to /eBooks/PDF/ folder, right now it only sends it to /eBooks/import/ but does not sort by a format folder, instead dumping every format (EPUB, MOBI, PDF) into one folder.

The template I'm using under Preferences->Send to device is
Code:
{#formats}/{title} - {authors}
where "formats" should be a custom lookup field.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
I suspect your #formats contains more than one format.

You can use 'Literals' in the Template:
Code:
PDF/{title} - {authors}
is valid. Just adjust the template and send a Single format at a time
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2011, 06:57 AM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Sadly, turb0sun, what you want isn't possible. I've been wanting that feature for as long as I have been using Calibre.

It's not so much {#formats} you want, it's the format of the file itself. And that's one thing we (the users) can't find out.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:44 PM   #4
turb0sun
turb0sun began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hmm, that's weird, I remember being able to do it in an earlier ver., but that was before the Formats column was a custom metadata/column. Oh well, thanks though.
turb0sun is offline   Reply With Quote