Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-06-2011, 06:18 AM   #1
Jules_09
Jules_09 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question ISBNDB Access key Error

I just updated to 0.7.37. When ever I try to download metadata, Calibre failed with Access Key Error. The key used to work fine in version 0.7.35.

The issue is that the metadata screen is closed as soon as I click the error pop-up window and cant change the key. I tried to change the accesscode in the global.py isbndb_com_key = '', but no luck.

Any idea?

Thanks.

EDIT: Never mind, the key daily access usage has been exceeded (30). However, it still be good if you can access the metadata screen even if there is an error.

Last edited by Jules_09; 01-06-2011 at 06:37 AM.
Jules_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:13 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules_09 View Post
The issue is that the metadata screen is closed as soon as I click the error pop-up window and cant change the key. I tried to change the accesscode in the global.py isbndb_com_key = '', but no luck.
It won't help you now but access to that code in calibre can be found under Preferences - Plugins - Metadata download plugin - customize the isbnDB plugin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules_09 View Post
However, it still be good if you can access the metadata screen even if there is an error.
Agreed, although if needed you can manually disable any plugin that is giving you an error.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2011, 07:17 AM   #3
Jules_09
Jules_09 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the tip.
Jules_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:17 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the screen only closes automatically if less than two matches were found, so just do a fetch metadata for a popular book like Harry Potter or a Jane Austen or something.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote