Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-23-2010, 11:45 AM   #61
smafra
smafra began at the beginning.

Device: nook classic
Found this on internet just now: Nook 1.5 with Root and ADB -> http://t.co/BO3SBDu
I don´t know if this works or not..
smafra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:57 AM   #62
DarthV
Enthusiast
DarthV began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WiFi
My softrooted nook lives in airplane mode, but somehow it got updated to 1.5 overnight?? At least the My Library app still works!
DarthV is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2010, 11:58 AM   #63
barrist
Enthusiast
barrist began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by smafra View Post
Found this on internet just now: Nook 1.5 with Root and ADB -> http://t.co/BO3SBDu
I don´t know if this works or not..
Yep, been rooted, but this one doesn't have all the apps.. i'll probably wait til nookdevs softroot is released
barrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:07 PM   #64
kemikelx
kemikelx began at the beginning.

Device: 0123456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Page turns are much faster with the update. I would say par with the K3.
Yes.. The speed is much much faster than the old firmware
kemikelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:15 PM   #65
Pselus
Pselus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
So if I have a rooted 1.4 nook, but I want to go to the official 1.5 update what do I do?
Root back to 1.0 like on NookDevs then just check for an official update on the Nook?
Pselus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2010, 12:16 PM   #66
Oletros
Connoisseur
Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pselus View Post
So if I have a rooted 1.4 nook, but I want to go to the official 1.5 update what do I do?
Root back to 1.0 like on NookDevs then just check for an official update on the Nook?
I have simply put the signed update and it has updated to 1.5

I had 1.4 softrooted
Oletros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:17 PM   #67
barrist
Enthusiast
barrist began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Yes i believe this is right.

But, i think the 1.5 softroot isn't far off so it may be worth it to wait.
barrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:18 PM   #68
Pselus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oletros View Post
I have simply put the signed update and it has updated to 1.5

I had 1.4 softrooted
Did it overwrite the softroot and just go to regular 1.5 or do you have a softrooted 1.5 now?
Old 11-23-2010, 12:19 PM   #69
Pselus

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrist View Post
Yes i believe this is right.

But, i think the 1.5 softroot isn't far off so it may be worth it to wait.
I rooted to see what it was like and having My Documents and B&N Content together is nice but I use it for nothing else at all so I figure rather than go through the hassle each time, I'm just going to go back to official firmware.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #70
kilmar
Connoisseur
kilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enough

Device: nook color, nook, Sony PRS-700
Gah, the 1.5 corrupted my microsd. Now I have nothing to read in the subway until I get home and resync via Calibre.
kilmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:29 PM   #71
Pselus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilmar View Post
Gah, the 1.5 corrupted my microsd. Now I have nothing to read in the subway until I get home and resync via Calibre.
Project Gutenburg!!

Guess you'd need a usb cable for that though.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:34 PM   #72
smafra
smafra began at the beginning.

Device: nook classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrist View Post
Yep, been rooted, but this one doesn't have all the apps.. i'll probably wait til nookdevs softroot is released
But this could be a better option (installing the missing apps again from nookdevs.com) rather than going back to 1.0.0...
smafra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:35 PM   #73
kilmar
Connoisseur
kilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enough

Device: nook color, nook, Sony PRS-700
Quote:
Project Gutenburg!!

Guess you'd need a usb cable for that though.
I was on page 350+ of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo so I'm kind of sad since the book is so engaging.

By the way, is it normal for the firmware update to corrupt the microsd? If I remember, 1.4 also did the same thing.
kilmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:36 PM   #74
Oletros
Connoisseur
Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle NT
Quote:
Did it overwrite the softroot and just go to regular 1.5 or do you have a softrooted 1.5 now?
Regular, and with the new features I don't need the custom library.

The only thing I wish to see is Calibre supporting shelves
Oletros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:44 PM   #75
mobyd
mobyd began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I updated last night using WiFi. It said it failed the first time, so I tried again and it went through. I never thought about the update corrupting the microSD, but mine's OK. It did take quite a while to update the contents, though, but considering how much I've got on the Nook, I wasn't surprised.

I guess page turns are a bit faster, although it took me a while this morning to remember they are supposed to be faster. Maybe they're now as fast as I've expected them to be so I didn't really notice. Someone posted a video comparing 1.4 to 1.5 and in the video it didn't seem like there was any difference in page-turn speed.

I'm looking forward to experimenting with shelves since I have so much stuff on my Nook. It can be a long slog to get to an author with a last name toward the end of the alphabet. I'm hoping shelves will help with that.
mobyd is offline   Reply With Quote