Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-14-2003, 01:16 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Smile

I am currently working on the next WCC update (v1.06). If you have anything you want to see improved since v1.05, this is your chance to tell me
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 11:21 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Guys, the new iSilo V3.3 just KICKS ASS!! It is a lot of work, but I am going through each invididual link again and redefine what links should be included and what not. With regular expressions I can 100% finetune the links.

Also I decided to add the ad banners. There are small and should be included for obvious reasons. You can tell me what you think about it of course.
Old 01-20-2003, 08:52 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

I am almost done. Went through every single link to check if it was still alive and properly configured. Did some changes like splittling extra-long channels into their various parts. Added quite a lot of new channels. The usual

I am surprised nobody has said anything yet. *This* is your chance to influence how the next WCC will look like. If noone has anything to say, I take it that the latest (1.0.5) was just fine for all of you. Right?

Alex
Old 01-20-2003, 10:24 AM   #4
Harpgliss
Member Retired
Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.

Device: TH55
Is there any way to break the file up into sites that update daily,constantly or weekly? I'm currently updating 74 channels and as you can imagine it is a slow process.if it was in sections i would only have to update the section or sections i want to update.Just my 2 cents. Enjoy,David
Harpgliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 10:27 AM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Harp, that would be a great idea, but think of the work of doing that. I am not really sure which channel is updating on what interval. Going through each one again... Pffff... or do you have a quicker way of doing that?
Old 01-21-2003, 08:21 AM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Done checkign and fixing the existing links (about 25 dead in 1.0.5 ) Now adding the new ones (A LOT).
Old 01-21-2003, 01:38 PM   #7
saw9000
Zealot
saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Just fine for all of us? No, we're just waiting to see how psychic you are, as determined by the number of suggested updates you divine and include
As for ad banners, I loathe them, just like everyone else. That said, I do my best to be understanding of their necessity. I generally do pretty well at that, especially when the choice exists between a site with banners and no site at all. I hope you don't have to take the next step and go to popups.
Scott
saw9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 02:50 AM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Heh no popups or ads on my site for sure. I do this all for free and for fun. But, I think we should also think of the channel providers and their needed revenues. There are in fact only a very few channels that have active ad banners. If you don't like them, you can always edit later the links include/exclude definitions manually.

Alex
Old 01-22-2003, 01:34 PM   #9
kizer
kizer began at the beginning.

Device: T-Mobile SideKick
Is it possible to search the WCC file? Other wise you have to scan line by line to find whatever key words you are looking for.
kizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 12:07 AM   #10
saw9000
Zealot
saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Indeed, I guess one could exclude ads, but I would almost feel bad about that.
Scott
saw9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 02:50 AM   #11
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Kizer, I think the ads are neglectible. I would bet that if I hadn't mentioned it, you wouldn't have noticed later. I will explain with the release of WCC v1.1.0 how you can control what should be included and what not.

Cheers
Alex
Old 01-27-2003, 10:08 AM   #12
zorro_ksig8
zorro_ksig8 is on a distinguished road

I am wondering if you could ad the psychport page that is on avantgo... heh I am new to this, but I have been trying to figure out the url all day at work (I have a cooshie job)... also, maybe add the most popular links under their own category... like take a poll and see which ones everyone likes, and put them at the top of the WCC... just a suggestion..

btw I love this page, I have been looking to get away from avantgo for a long time now, but only looked at plucker... confusing and not very clean, I love isilo/isilox. great job putting this page together for all of us.
zorro_ksig8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 10:13 AM   #13
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Zorro, great to hear that you like it

Did you try the Search function?

Try this: http://www.psycport.com/psycport-news.html

Good idea about the popular list; I tried that once, but noone seemed to notice. See here: http://www.turcic.com/forums/showthr...=&threadid=134
Old 01-27-2003, 10:25 AM   #14
zorro_ksig8
zorro_ksig8 is on a distinguished road

Sorry didn't see the search function, thanx... my life without avantgo is now complete... see ya avantgo, heeeeeeeelo isilo *wink wink*
zorro_ksig8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 05:37 PM   #15
sydres
sydres began at the beginning.

Alexander,
Just wanted to let you know how much i appreciate this site and all of that you've done. I'm looking forward to WCC 1.1.0. Keep up the great work!!
sydres is offline   Reply With Quote