Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-04-2009, 12:35 AM   #1
snowgoose
snowgoose began at the beginning.

Device: None Yet
Larger Screen Astak Ereaders

I guess I put this in a "sticky Thread" by mistake, so here goes in the main area. Sorry for the duplication, but there were no factual replies.

Its about November already. Plastic Logic stated last month that their Que e-reader will be announced in early January and probably available some time about late Jan/Feb 2010. Netronix appeared to be aiming for about the same timescale with their 9.7" reader.

We have heard little for two months about Astak's Mentor reader 9.7" readers, and the last said was that all the larger readers were waiting for the screens to be made in Mid-September. Well, it is November now, so have the larger screens yet even been delivered to the e-reader manufacturers? I did hope that Astak would beat Plastic Logic to market by a week or two, if they hoped to grab some market share. Is there any news you can give us...any hope at all.

Patient senior, with a long list of pdf documents

Last edited by snowgoose; 11-04-2009 at 12:38 AM.
snowgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:58 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The next big industry-wide event is CES, see Digital eBook pavilion at CES (First Time EVER).

It is certainly possible for a device to come out before then, but I think we will see up to half a dozen different Readers with large EInk screens at CES. Delivery of actual devices might begin in January, but certainly by next spring.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2009, 05:25 PM   #3
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
I'm keen to hear more to. It will be a little while for me, but I'm interested in a reader suitable for academic journals etc. The iRex I don't think is suitable purely from the physical standpoint of the glass substrate.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:04 PM   #4
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
9.7 inch

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgoose View Post
I guess I put this in a "sticky Thread" by mistake, so here goes in the main area. Sorry for the duplication, but there were no factual replies.

Its about November already. Plastic Logic stated last month that their Que e-reader will be announced in early January and probably available some time about late Jan/Feb 2010. Netronix appeared to be aiming for about the same timescale with their 9.7" reader.

We have heard little for two months about Astak's Mentor reader 9.7" readers, and the last said was that all the larger readers were waiting for the screens to be made in Mid-September. Well, it is November now, so have the larger screens yet even been delivered to the e-reader manufacturers? I did hope that Astak would beat Plastic Logic to market by a week or two, if they hoped to grab some market share. Is there any news you can give us...any hope at all.

Patient senior, with a long list of pdf documents
Dear Snowgoose:

Here is what I know:

Both Netronix and Jinke will be at CES and exhibiting. Both have promised a roadmap showing the 9.7 inch coming out in late November. YET. there has been not a word. There have been no prototypes, no coming soon, no coming later... no nothing.

Now, I wish I knew for sure, but I surmize that they want to keep their own thunder on the 9.7 inch and then announce it to the world at CES.

Snowgoose, I feel confident that they are coming soon. I expect to know soon. IF I knew any more at all I would tell you. I am concerned about the lack of info... but I do know they were more than concerned over leaking info before the Pocket PRO got released and are probably triply mum this time because of that!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote