Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-09-2009, 09:33 PM   #46
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I ended up ordering a new style from M-Edge. The Platform Jacket. More colors are available at the M-Edge site than Amazon.

Very cool! thanks for posting!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:56 AM   #47
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I wish the Marketing videos on the Kindle 2 web page would have shown some shots of the device in the optional cases. I know they want to show off the sleek new design but I found it so artificial showing people standing on the street and sitting on the beach reading without a cover not to mention carrying it around stuffing it in pockets and purses. It just seems to reinforce the stereotype that a lot of people have that electronic reader are too cold and sterile to read on comfortably.

These covers look really good but I'd like to see better pictures with the K2 in them. Probably just a timing thing because the covers weren't available yet when they were shooting the marketing stuff.

On an aside I found the error that snuck through amusing with the video of the current Kindle customers commenting on the new K2. It claimed the one Software Engineer was a Kindle owner since July 2007. Very impressive since they weren't available until Nov 2007.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:06 AM   #48
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
On an aside I found the error that snuck through amusing with the video of the current Kindle customers commenting on the new K2. It claimed the one Software Engineer was a Kindle owner since July 2007. Very impressive since they weren't available until Nov 2007.
Apparently he is an early adopter / beta tester of some kind. If he has the K2 before it was released, he probably had the K1 before release too. Not so strange.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #49
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I'm digging that woven case, won't buy one at that price unless I win the lotto then maybe
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:31 PM   #50
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Apparently he is an early adopter / beta tester of some kind. If he has the K2 before it was released, he probably had the K1 before release too. Not so strange.

BOb
There were a bunch of folks that wrote reviews on K1 that had been beta testers as part of the Vine program.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:29 PM   #51
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
I wish the Marketing videos on the Kindle 2 web page would have shown some shots of the device in the optional cases. I know they want to show off the sleek new design but I found it so artificial showing people standing on the street and sitting on the beach reading without a cover not to mention carrying it around stuffing it in pockets and purses. It just seems to reinforce the stereotype that a lot of people have that electronic reader are too cold and sterile to read on comfortably.

These covers look really good but I'd like to see better pictures with the K2 in them. Probably just a timing thing because the covers weren't available yet when they were shooting the marketing stuff.

Perhaps in a couple of years an e-book reader will look like the top cover of a hard cover book,the whole page being refreshed in color, not thicker then 3mm, no border & touchscreen.
That'd be neat!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:21 PM   #52
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
I'm digging that woven case, won't buy one at that price unless I win the lotto then maybe
Their stuff usually goes on sale after a season. It'll probably drop down to $70ish.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:27 PM   #53
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Cows are a renewable resource. If not, I wouldn't have had that scrumptus T-Bone steak on the grill this weekend.

BOb
LOL. True, but they consume way more resources for what we get from them than plant sources of calories and textiles and they produce a lot of greenhouse gasses while doing it. Seriously, cow *ahem* digestive byproducts *ahem* are a fairly large line item on the list of carbon producers.

I don't see myself giving up steak any time soon but I try to be conscious of this, limit my consumption, and have more meatless meals.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:52 PM   #54
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Seriously, cow *ahem* digestive byproducts *ahem* are a fairly large line item on the list of carbon producers.
You are correct.

That's why I eat as many of 'em as possible.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:29 PM   #55
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
You are correct.

That's why I eat as many of 'em as possible.
Amen to that!

No one has any comment on the GelaSkins? I really love this one (zoom in and read the book titles) but I fail to understand how it works with the Kindle. I went ahead and ordered the Amazon default cover since I am slightly worried about clutching something so thin for hours and hours with my hands (old age is a wonderful thing). According to the blurb the standard(?) cover folds all the way around in back and should be very comfortable.
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:47 PM   #56
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormHart View Post
Amen to that!

No one has any comment on the GelaSkins? I really love this one (zoom in and read the book titles) but I fail to understand how it works with the Kindle. I went ahead and ordered the Amazon default cover since I am slightly worried about clutching something so thin for hours and hours with my hands (old age is a wonderful thing). According to the blurb the standard(?) cover folds all the way around in back and should be very comfortable.
That's a really cool skin! I know Alisa has a skin on her Kindle 1; to me it looks like it just slides right on there with all the cutouts for the buttons and things precut. But I don't know if the picture you linked is the front or the back of the skin...
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:49 PM   #57
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Amen to that!

Whoa! I *love* that skin! In fact, when I get *my* Kindle 2, I'm buying one right away - along with the M-Edge case!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:04 PM   #58
Alisa
Gadget Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
That's a really cool skin! I know Alisa has a skin on her Kindle 1; to me it looks like it just slides right on there with all the cutouts for the buttons and things precut. But I don't know if the picture you linked is the front or the back of the skin...
My skin is from DecalGirl but it works the same from what I can tell. It's basically a bunch of stickers cut to fit the case. The cutouts for the keys and such are already there.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:09 PM   #59
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2.0 In Hand
That definitely is a cool skin, at least for the back. However, I think it would be a bit busy and distracting for me for the front. I am planning on getting a skin for the K2, as there are some times when I might want it out of the cover, not to mention they do make it easier to keep clean. I think I'll likely go for a darker color, to better set off the screen.
BurBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:25 PM   #60
meglet
Enthusiast
meglet doesn't littermeglet doesn't littermeglet doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Amen to that!

I went ahead and ordered this with my Kindle, as I'll be getting a slipcase from elsewhere for more protection.

I went searching for other products from this company to find reviews, according to the iPod skin product reviews, it's really a bunch of stickers that you apply carefully, not what I would consider a typical "skin" but still neat enough that I want one.
meglet is offline   Reply With Quote