Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-20-2017, 07:02 PM   #1
Cyberseeker
Connoisseur
Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
Popup Images

For me its a toss up between using 'Sigil' or using 'Kindle Textbook Creator.' Personally I prefer HTML to PDF, however ......

Does Sigil support popup images? I would like to have a small icon in my text that can be clicked. When it is clicked, I want a full size image to pop up (preferably SVG) and float over the page.

Will Sigil do it?
Cyberseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:41 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberseeker View Post
For me its a toss up between using 'Sigil' or using 'Kindle Textbook Creator.' Personally I prefer HTML to PDF, however ......

Does Sigil support popup images? I would like to have a small icon in my text that can be clicked. When it is clicked, I want a full size image to pop up (preferably SVG) and float over the page.

Will Sigil do it?
That does not sound like EPUB2
Sigil is mostly EPUB2, and just allows EPUB3 code to remain.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:47 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Sigil won't be able display it currently, but the question should really be, "can the devices the epub will be read on do it?"

If it's a standard epub feature, Sigil should be able to code it, even if it can't display it. If it's not a standard epub feature, then the question of whether Sigil "can do it" isn't really relevant.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:01 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Sigil is mostly EPUB2, and just allows EPUB3 code to remain.
By the way... this isn't really accurate any more. Sigil doesn't just tolerate EPUB3 code, it supports a pretty decent chunk of the EPUB3 specifications.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:56 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
By the way... this isn't really accurate any more. Sigil doesn't just tolerate EPUB3 code, it supports a pretty decent chunk of the EPUB3 specifications.
As you might guess, I have no experience with EPUB3 devices (and plan to avoid it EPUB2 does all I need for what I read. )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:54 AM   #6
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
I would like to have a small icon in my text that can be clicked. When it is clicked, I want a full size image to pop up (preferably SVG) and float over the page.
This could be done with JavaScript in an epub3 book, and if you properly code it, Sigil should display it. Of course, JavaScript code will be ignored by KindleGen, but you could create a fixed layout Kindle book with region magnification.

Quote:
For me its a toss up between using 'Sigil' or using 'Kindle Textbook Creator.'
You also might want to consider Kindle Comic Creator, which will generate source code for fixed layout Kindle books.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:13 AM   #7
Cyberseeker
Connoisseur
Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
Kindle Textbook Creator is well suited to me because my book is classic textbook stuff with columns and diagrams. However, it doesnt support SVG, and it ties you back to Amazon. Very annoying, but it looks like Ill have to go that way.
Cyberseeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
image, pop up, sigil