Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-03-2012, 11:13 AM   #76
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
and here are a few ideas about fixing what you had, if you chose gvncviewer, with benefits

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=192691

HTH
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #77
Lydovig
Zealot
Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
and here are a few ideas about fixing what you had, if you chose gvncviewer, with benefits

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=192691

HTH
Thank you, very useful thing.
Lydovig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:48 AM   #78
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're welcome, I was kinda working on it, sorta, anyways.

Added screenie of possible zoom uses.

HTH
Old 10-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #79
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
My preferred medium has always been charcoal on paper, which is why I like the look of eink art so much, I suppose. Even though I have a collection of graphics tablet input devices dating back to the CP/M days up through modern tablets, I still far prefer smudging in charcoal shadows with my bare fingertips, then adding subtractive detail with a sharpened eraser. I just never got a feel for electronic input devices for my artwork. And it has been decades since I did anything with my collection of artist's charcoals and drawing paper portfolios. Some day when I get more free time, perhaps...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #80
twobob

I have no artistic talent. certainly not with digital. All my works are either rough sketches or quickie line work. : )

Been experimenting with two person art, here's some first results. : )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_075.png
Views:	225
Size:	236.7 KB
ID:	93379   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_077.png
Views:	226
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	93381   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_078.png
Views:	240
Size:	301.8 KB
ID:	93391  

Last edited by twobob; 10-04-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #81
TulseLuper
Connoisseur
TulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with others

I've been away for a while ... Let me get on the same page ... You guys , already got a funcional port of the draw tool ? I'll try to get up to date with the topics later... See ya !
TulseLuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #82
Jyohomson
Reader
Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kindle 3 3G (Broken), Kindle Touch (Broken), Kindle PW2
Localized

Has anyone made a localized port of this thing?
Sorry guys, didnt look at the pages before

Last edited by Jyohomson; 12-03-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Jyohomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:56 PM   #83
TulseLuper
Connoisseur
TulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with others

hi guys , been away for a long while. but help me on this. this port of drawing tool is actualy runing standalone ? ( with no need of internet connection )

and also , i've installed it here just now , these save / export buttons are working too ?

TulseLuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:27 AM   #84
twobob

you know I don't think the save buttons are working. I think I did screenies. but its been a long time since I used it.

Should be fine to work offline. if it isn't dive in and rip out the external links from the html file (I seem to recall doing that)

Good luck
Old 12-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #85
Jyohomson
Reader
Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kindle 3 3G (Broken), Kindle Touch (Broken), Kindle PW2
Does anyone have any idea about a homemade stylus for the kindle? I would absolutely love to draw using a pen(type thing). I tried paintbrushes but they lacked the point . And dried up felt tip pens dont work either.
Jyohomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #86
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyohomson View Post
Does anyone have any idea about a homemade stylus for the kindle? I would absolutely love to draw using a pen(type thing). I tried paintbrushes but they lacked the point . And dried up felt tip pens dont work either.
Turn the paint brush end-for-end, use the handle.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:40 PM   #87
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyohomson View Post
The type of stylus needed depends on the touchscreen technology.

For the K5, I used the fat end of a chopstick from a Chinese restaurant. Anything smaller in diameter did not work reliably.

For the PW, you would need a conductive stylus, such as for an ipad or android device. You could probably paint conductive ink onto a chopstick or other non-conductive stylus. You can get conductive ink at an auto parts store, for repairing a damaged defogger/defroster element painted on the inner surface of the rear window. You can also buy a conductive ink pen at Radio Shack or other hobbiest electronics stores.

Beware that a very small container of conductive ink costs significantly more than a cheap conductive stylus, but it would give you the personal satisfaction of being homemade, as you requested.

EDIT: You can get a conductive stylus on ebay for about $4USD (including shipping). It looks fat enough to work with a K5 as well:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silver-Condu...item3cb735fbb7

Last edited by geekmaster; 12-24-2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:56 AM   #88
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Knitting needles are often metallic with smoothly round ends. (Kpw)
You can get those in various sizes and for free from grandma's sewing supplies if she isn't watching.

The smoothly rounded end of the (artist's) paint brush handle is a good substitute for a hand-crafted chopstick. (K5)
The O.P. already has one of those in their hand, they only have to turn it end-for-end.

Last edited by knc1; 12-25-2012 at 06:59 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #89
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
For the PW, you would need a conductive stylus, such as for an ipad or android device.
It may be not quite true. Certain types of Cypress TrueTouch capacitive touchscreen (used in PW) can handle thin passive stylus.

I've found mentioning of stylus support in PW kernel code (look into last spoiler), however, I haven't a PW to test it. It should select finger/stylus/finger+stylus support basing on content of some file in /sys.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #90
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Knitting needles are often metallic with smoothly round ends. (Kpw)
You can get those in various sizes and for free from grandma's sewing supplies if she isn't watching.

The smoothly rounded end of the (artist's) paint brush handle is a good substitute for a hand-crafted chopstick. (K5)
The O.P. already has one of those in their hand, they only have to turn it end-for-end.
The blunt end of a knitting needle or an artist's paint brush handle are about the same diameter as the narrow end of chopsticks, which I found was not wide enough for the K5 IR touchscreen. Only the fat end worked, and only when held perpendicular to the screen surface.

Tags
launcher add-ons