Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-12-2011, 11:36 PM   #271
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
waller, I appreciate your comment.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:53 AM   #272
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmo_9000 View Post
Thanks for the link, but people should not have to pay for The Bible, you can get the same bible in pdf simply by searching google for "Catholic ebooks."
Where on earth (or in heaven) are you coming from? Speak for yourself, not for others. So if food for the soul should be free, why not food for your body?

I see waller4343 posted my sentiments so I won't echo them here.
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:14 AM   #273
NVash
Wandering Vagabond
NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
osnova, do you have any Bibles for the Kindle with multiple translations? Id like one for the Kindle, currently Im reading the NIV but Id like one that has just about all the translations I can get including the New World Translation, plus the Apocrypha and the Book of Enoch. Do you have anything like that?
NVash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:12 PM   #274
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmo_9000 View Post
Thanks for the link, but people should not have to pay for The Bible, you can get the same bible in pdf simply by searching google for "Catholic ebooks."
Then you can get the Free Bible. OS isn't MAKING you buy the Bible he formatted, you're essentially paying for convenience and the extra function.
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:18 PM   #275
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I do have one parallel Bible (English Douay Rheims-Latin Vulgata Clementina). I mentioned here and elsewhere that people can tell me which public domain translations that are already available from OSNOVA (see osnova.com for a complete list) they would like to include in a parallel Bible. So far, I have not received any requests.

It is possible to compare verses from one OSNOVA Bible publication with another even if they are not put together in one book. You just search for the DVJ shortcut from the home screen (e.g. jn.3.16) and then compare the search results from different OSNOVA Bible publications that are installed on the Kindle.

In good conscience I cannot release the New World Translation. On top of that it is under the copyright and cannot be published by independent publishers such as OSNOVA.

Apocrypha are available from OSNOVA in the latest KJV publication and in the Catholic Douay-Rheims.

Last edited by osnova; 01-13-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:26 PM   #276
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by osnova View Post

In good conscience I cannot release the New World Translation. On top of that it is under the copyright and cannot be published by independent publishers such as OSNOVA.
That's a shame, for reals. I wonder if they'll ever come around?
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:58 AM   #277
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

The Institutes of the Christian Religion by John Calvin

The seminal Christian work that has been called “the most important book written in the last 500 years” is finally available from OSNOVA.

Features of the Kindle edition

OSNOVA’s Kindle edition of the acclaimed English translation by Henry Beveridge, Esq. of the Institutes of the Christian Religion includes the unabridged text of John Calvin’s magnum opus with the usual excellence in the formatting and arrangement that readers have come to expect from OSNOVA publications. The edition incorporates an active table of contents, a four-way-key navigation between chapters, transparent structure of the large work, and an interconnected, crosslinked navigation between all books, chapters, sections, indices and the included Bible (with Direct Verse Jump and Direct Verse Jump 2). All these features make it easy to navigate to any passage of the Institutes and return to the initial position within seconds.

Last edited by osnova; 02-01-2011 at 02:11 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:30 AM   #278
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Thanks for that! It's now a part of the growing OS Nova collection on my Kindle.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:48 PM   #279
teadonkey
Zealot
teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Could someone tell me if the Douay-Rheims Catholic bible is similar to the NAB? I'm desperately trying to find an easy to navigate Catholic bible for the Kindle. (:
teadonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #280
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by teadonkey View Post
Could someone tell me if the Douay-Rheims Catholic bible is similar to the NAB? I'm desperately trying to find an easy to navigate Catholic bible for the Kindle. (:
It depends on what you mean by "similar." NAB is a modern Catholic translation; D-R is 400 years old Catholic translation. D-R is a translation of the Vulgate and it follows the Vulgate and Septuagint in the verse and chapter numbering (I think NAB follows KJV versification but I am not sure). D-R does include Deuterocanonical (Apocrypha) books.

The OSNOVA edition is easy to navigate on the real Kindle.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:25 AM   #281
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Thanks for that! It's now a part of the growing OS Nova collection on my Kindle.
Thanks, Tom. You've been a supporter from the very beginning. By the way, in collaboration with a South African author, I have expanded into children's books (I have two kids and the third one is about to arrive).
Old 02-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #282
billmilo
Connoisseur
billmilo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
I would like a NKJV version of the Bible, with the verse jump technology
billmilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #283
chyron8472
Groupie
chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5, Amazon Fire 5th Gen, Moto Z Play Droid
I notice that a TON of of people on here have been asking for an NIV version with DJV, with no luck yet (blame Zondervan, not Osnova).

It's sad. I'm in BSF, and they only use the NIV Bible to study from. I download the study questions for class from the net as PDF, fill it out and have Calibre convert to MOBI. However, the formatting of the NIV Bible currently available at Amazon still leads me to want to bring my physical Bible to class with me. =\
chyron8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:32 PM   #284
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

As chyron8472 said. I've tried to get a permission to use NKJV and NIV. I even offered my help to them. No response. So, in about 100 years, I'll be able to do it without the copyright holders' permission.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:34 PM   #285
jtrappett
jtrappett began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by osnova View Post
As chyron8472 said. I've tried to get a permission to use NKJV and NIV. I even offered my help to them. No response.
Is there any possibility of an ESV with DVJ/2?
jtrappett is offline   Reply With Quote