Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-26-2019, 10:55 PM   #1
danchisum
danchisum began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Sideloading books into collections

With the newest Kindle Paperwhite if I put books on it from my PC can I put it into collections from the PC or do I need to do all that from the Kindle?

Or can I use Calibre to put the books on my Kindle in collections?
danchisum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 11:36 AM   #2
khitan
Enthusiast
khitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Entry Level Kindle
You can do it on the Kindle, or your PC, iirc.
As for calibre, I saw a plugin that can IMPORT collections, but I don't think you can export them to the Kindle and it seems like you may be able to export them to the Kindle. https://dearauthor.com/ebooks/using-...n-for-calibre/

Could be wrong, but hopefully I've been helpful.

Last edited by khitan; 04-27-2019 at 11:39 AM.
khitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2019, 02:28 PM   #3
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
The short answer is, you can't. Longer answer is you can if you jump through some hoops, involving most importantly rooting your kindle and replacing its firmware, among other things.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 10:20 AM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Side load the e-books then put them into collections.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote