Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-24-2018, 04:34 AM   #1
Sphynx
Sphynx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Kobo Mini Android Image

Does anyone have a ready to flash image of android for the kobo mini? A lot of the links seem to be dead and info is scattered around. I'm going to try and figure it out and if I succeed i'll upload my image here for others, but if anyone has a ready to flash image it would save me some time.

Thanks.

Edit: okay got android booted and running, however there doesn't seem a to be a back button, the short press of the power button sleeps and long press brings up the power off menu, so if you go into an app or settings you are stuck with no way back, is there a gesture or trick I am missing?

Edit 2: Okay so if you touch the top middle of the screen there's a kind of hidden arrow that brings up a menu which gives you some android buttons to use. Everything seems to work nicely. I'll upload the image later for anyone else that is interested.

Edit 3: This is almost ready to go, the only issue remaining is the storage partition not mounting as /mnt/sdcard, I've tried playing around with vold.fstab and issuing the mount command through terminal on the device but this still doesn't seem to work and an SD card isn't recognized by the system.

Last edited by Sphynx; 05-28-2018 at 01:24 AM.
Sphynx is offline   Reply With Quote