Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-16-2017, 02:55 AM   #31
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Can someone please tell me what happened to the custom footer style patch? My Glo HD updated on its own and I downloaded the new patch but this part seems to be missing or replaced.
The patch moved to nickel.patch file.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 06:04 PM   #32
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
The patch moved to nickel.patch file.
I am so use to only editing two patch files I didn't even notice the new patch file was there. I got it now. I just need to figure out the settings again.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2017, 06:29 PM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I am so use to only editing two patch files I didn't even notice the new patch file was there. I got it now. I just need to figure out the settings again.
I sent you a link (via PM) to download my patches. You can try them and see if you like them. If there is any you don't like you can go in and turn off the patches I have selected.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:51 PM   #34
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I sent you a link (via PM) to download my patches. You can try them and see if you like them. If there is any you don't like you can go in and turn off the patches I have selected.
I got them thanks so much! I'm just fine tuning the footer style patch to the Glo HD. Almost done.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:35 AM   #35
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Will be implemented?
`Remove system fonts in Reader list`
`Remove non-system fonts in Reader list`
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2017, 06:31 AM   #36
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition
Today I have got the update to the firmware 4.2.8432 for my H2O via OTA. The patcher works very fine. Thank you very much, GeoffR.
Martina Schein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:39 AM   #37
mietek81
Connoisseur
mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Glo, H2O
Is there any chance that the patch called "compact homepage layout" will return?
mietek81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:40 PM   #38
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Will be implemented?
`Remove system fonts in Reader list`
`Remove non-system fonts in Reader list`
Quote:
Originally Posted by mietek81 View Post
Is there any chance that the patch called "compact homepage layout" will return?
Maybe, I will have to look further for these patches.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:45 PM   #39
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

`Custom synopsis/details line spacing`

This patch changes the line spacing used in the synopsis/details library view.

The default line spacing for Glo/Aura devices is very narrow for some reason, and this causes the same sort of problems seen in the KePub reader when very narrow line spacings are used, i.e. page breaking part way through a line.

Thanks jackie_w for the tip!

`Custom synopsis/details line spacing` (paste into nickel.patch)
Spoiler:
Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Custom synopsis/details line spacing`
patch_enable = `yes`
# Multi-version patch: 4.2.8432+
#
## Sets the line spacing for the book's synopsis and details library view.
## Fixes a problem on the Glo/Aura caused by the narrow line spacing used for
## those models.
#
# If you change the line spacing below, make sure not to change the total
# length of the replacement strings.
#
# Touch (Trilogy)
find_base_address = `Trilogy="true"] {\n  line-height: 1.25em;\n`
replace_string = 0014, `line-height: 1.25em;`, `line-height: 1.25em;`
# Glo/Aura (Phoenix)
find_base_address = `Phoenix="true"] {\n  line-height: 1em;\n`
replace_string = 0012, `  line-height: 1em;`, `line-height: 1.3em;`
# Others
find_base_address = `body {\n  line-height: 1.5em;\n`
replace_string = 0009, `line-height: 1.5em;`, `line-height: 1.3em;`
</Patch>

Last edited by GeoffR; 02-18-2017 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Changed patch to use more robust find_base_address strings.
Old 02-18-2017, 12:47 PM   #40
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Maybe, I will have to look further for these patches.

I think you can remake the patch `Remove white borders from homescreen tile book covers`.

Spoiler:
Code:
 /* found: 136 (zlib) POs: 4c5d7f */
* {
  background-color: transparent;
}
SmallRecentBookTile {
  font-family: Georgia;
  font-size: 26px;
}
SmallRecentBookTile[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"] {
  qproperty-coverBorder: 4;
}
SmallRecentBookTile[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {
  qproperty-coverBorder: 4;
}
SmallRecentBookTile[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {
  qproperty-percentFontSize: 36;
  qproperty-progressFontSize: 26;
  qproperty-coverBorder: 6;
}
SmallRecentBookTile[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"][qApp_localeName="ja_JP"] {
  qproperty-percentFontSize: 28;
}
SmallRecentBookTile[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"] {
  qproperty-percentFontSize: 39;
  qproperty-progressFontSize: 30;
}
SmallRecentBookTile[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"][qApp_localeName="ja_JP"] {
  qproperty-percentFontSize: 24;
}
SmallRecentBookTile[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"] {
  qproperty-coverBorder: 8;
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:20 PM   #41
Ksquared
Groupie
Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Original Kobo Aura 6", Libra H2O
Using the customer reading footer patch on an Aura 6", I can run the batch file successfully if I leave the values at the default settings, but if I make any change I get an error. The default setting works:
# Replacement footer height values: Touch/Mini/Glo/Aura/Aura2E
replace_string = 002A, `min-height:70px`, `min-height:40px`
replace_string = 003A, `max-height:70px`, `max-height:40px`

I tried changing to:
replace_string = 002A, `min-height:60px`, `min-height:30px`
replace_string = 003A, `max-height:60px`, `max-height:30px`
... and I get an error in the batch file.

I was trying to pick up a little more real estate, but at least I have some additional space. Maybe I don't understand how these can be adjusted.
Thanks for creating these patches!
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:30 PM   #42
GeoffR
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksquared View Post
Using the customer reading footer patch on an Aura 6", I can run the batch file successfully if I leave the values at the default settings, but if I make any change I get an error. The default setting works:

I tried changing to:

I was trying to pick up a little more real estate, but at least I have some additional space. Maybe I don't understand how these can be adjusted.
Replacement options have this format:
replace_string = ADDRESS, ORIGINAL_STRING, REPLACEMENT_STRING

You should only change the REPLACEMENT_STRING, the ADDRESS and the ORIGINAL_STRING must not change.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:37 PM   #43
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksquared View Post

I tried changing to:

This should be...

Code:
replace_string = 002A, `min-height:70px`, `min-height:30px`
replace_string = 003A, `max-height:70px`, `max-height:30px`
The patch needs to see that the original value matches what the patch has.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:03 PM   #44
Ksquared
Groupie
Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Original Kobo Aura 6", Libra H2O
OH! Now I see, the 70 is the original, the 40 is the replacement and I want to change just the second value.

I have done a little visual basic programming; I should have seen what the point was.

Thanks GeoffR and JSWolf!
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:24 PM   #45
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I can't create a KoboRoot.tgz file. I'm using W7 and when I double-click the 4.2.8432.bat I get the following error:-

there is no such archive
ERROR Cannot find or extract "libadobe.so"
Did you copy kobo-update-X.X.X.zip to C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\4.2.8432_source?
Press any key to continue...

The file libadobe.so is in the source folder on my desktop (which is where the zip was extracted too), I haven't touched that file at all. I've only edited the libnickel.so.1.0.0 file.

Can anyone help please?

Last edited by Josieb1; 02-21-2017 at 12:27 PM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote