Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-19-2015, 04:16 PM   #61
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Thank you gong and flip1314!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gong View Post
With these settings on my aura I can see the vertical part of "r" in vlasovsoflauncher. Default settings I can see only vlasovsoftlaunche.
The default font size must be too huge. I tried to go by information a gathered from users, but it seems this value is off. The screen shot shows the default look of the Glo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip1314 View Post
@tshering I have tested the geometry. For the neutral screen the geometry looks great. It has moved KSM slightly to the right and fixed the previous error. For the three rotations CCW the screen is slightly of centre. For 90 CCW it is off on the right and top, if the reader is held in portrait orientation. For 180 CCW it is off at the top, if the reader is held in normal portrait orientation. For 270 CCW it is off on the right side only, if held in normal portrait orientation.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anymore info.
It would be nice if you could try finding the best values. To do this change the values of the four orientations in usersettings.txt. After doing changes to usersettngs.txt one has to reboot the device, otherwise they new settings are likely to be ignored. I think it is obvious to you, but to avoid misunderstandings, I named the four orientations N(orth), S(outh), ... The application window has a regular frame. I hope this is discernible on the screen shot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_20150219_214803.png
Views:	994
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	135046  
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:24 PM   #62
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Alternatively, if any of you with an Aura (@gong? @flip1314?) can get me a screenshot taken with fbgrab (ideally manually in a shell w/ -v so I can see the gory details, but barring that one taken through KSM's wrapper around fbgrab), hopefully that would shed some light on the matter .

(One track mind! Yay! )
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2015, 04:37 PM   #63
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Otherwise, when koreader entries are not grouped (no "koreader additions" folder), I can see "select koreader version" entry at root but it doesn't work when selected.
Evidently, I never tested this option. You will find the fix in the first update.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:33 PM   #64
flip1314
flip1314 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD & Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Alternatively, if any of you with an Aura (@gong? @flip1314?) can get me a screenshot taken with fbgrab (ideally manually in a shell w/ -v so I can see the gory details, but barring that one taken through KSM's wrapper around fbgrab), hopefully that would shed some light on the matter .

(One track mind! Yay! )
Do I use fbgrab on the device itself or on linux?
flip1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 05:37 PM   #65
gong
Enthusiast
gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Mini (f/w 3.4.1) + Aura (f/w 3.12.1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post

(One track mind! Yay! )
Humm I don't even know where to start, I'm not familiar with shell and stuff...
So what should I do first to get fbgrab working?

Also, I can see KSM opening screen is not centered on Aura, hence the reason for trying to find optimal values. However when I enter say "tools" or "scripts", screen looks perfectly aligned (no more greyed zone in some borders). Just curious why does off centering only happens in front page?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Evidently, I never tested this option. You will find the fix in the first update.
gong is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2015, 05:51 PM   #66
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@flip1314: On the device itself, since that's what we're interested in .

@gong: If you don't have shell access to your device, just use KSM's screenshot gesture (which I happen to not know OTOH ), it bundles fbgrab. [Which does beg the question though: @tshering: Is there such a gesture, or did I dream that? ^^].

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-19-2015 at 05:53 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 05:59 PM   #67
flip1314

@tshering Here are the correct values for the Aura:

ksmGeometryValuesN=758x1024+0+0
ksmGeometryValuesS=758x1024+0+0
ksmGeometryValuesE=1024x758+0+0
ksmGeometryValuesW=1024x758+0+0
Old 02-19-2015, 07:25 PM   #68
flip1314

@tshering I should also mention that I cannot resize the font or bottom bar on the Aura. I have tried a variety of sizes and nothing happens. All remains the same size.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:26 AM   #69
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
@tshering I should also mention that I cannot resize the font or bottom bar on the Aura. I have tried a variety of sizes and nothing happens. All remains the same size.
Did you remove the # in front of the line
Code:
#kobomenuFontsize=35
? Or if you did, maybe your editor sets a byte order mark at the beginning of the file (this might possibly be a cause of error). Please insert an empty line at the beginning of usersettings.txt, to prevent this possible source of error (or save the file without BOM).
Just for your information, the preset value for aura is 55.
The second line (#kobomenuMenuBarFontsize=30) has currently no effect (it had an effect in some previous versions and I let it in the settings in case I might need it again later.)
Old 02-20-2015, 04:32 AM   #70
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
@tshering Here are the correct values for the Aura:

ksmGeometryValuesN=758x1024+0+0
ksmGeometryValuesS=758x1024+0+0
ksmGeometryValuesE=1024x758+0+0
ksmGeometryValuesW=1024x758+0+0
This is somehow surprising. Because this corresponds to the official specifications. And since there a reports that part of the screen is covered by the bezel, we tried to place the applications inside of the visible part. I would be interested to know whether
Code:
ksmGeometryValuesN=
ksmGeometryValuesS=
ksmGeometryValuesE=
ksmGeometryValuesW=
in usersettings.txt produces the same or a different effect. (After "=" there is nothing/the end of the line).

Last edited by tshering; 02-20-2015 at 04:45 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:37 AM   #71
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Also, I can see KSM opening screen is not centered on Aura, hence the reason for trying to find optimal values. However when I enter say "tools" or "scripts", screen looks perfectly aligned (no more greyed zone in some borders). Just curious why does off centering only happens in front page?
At the moment this is a riddle to me, as so many things are. Do other people see this too?
Old 02-20-2015, 04:43 AM   #72
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Humm I don't even know where to start, I'm not familiar with shell and stuff...
So what should I do first to get fbgrab working?
Quote:
Do I use fbgrab on the device itself or on linux?
I try to produce something that is easy to handle (or so I say), if you do not have telnet access to your device.
  • copy screenshotv.sh (which you can find in the attached archive) into .adds/kbmenu.
  • safely eject the device and select "usb disable.sh"
  • select (from KSM home) "tools" > "start kbterminal.sh"
  • type /mnt/onboard/.adds/kbmenu/screenshotv.sh
  • press the buttons "keyboard" and then "Exit"
  • connect via usb to the pc and find screen_20150220_xxxxxx.log and screen_20150220_xxxxxx.png in the root folder
The content of the log file looks like this:
Spoiler:
frame buffer fixed info:
id: "mxc_epdc_fb"
type: packed pixels
line length: 2048 bytes (1024 pixels)

frame buffer variable info:
resolution: 1024x758
virtual resolution: 1024x1536
offset: 0x0
bits_per_pixel: 16
grayscale: false
red: offset: 11, length: 5, msb_right: 0
blue: offset: 0, length: 6, msb_right: 0
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_20150220_094305.png
Views:	456
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	135054  
Attached Files
File Type: zip screenshotv.zip (340 Bytes, 258 views)

Last edited by tshering; 02-20-2015 at 04:48 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:01 PM   #73
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Is there some way to do a backup of the wifi configuration to restore later?
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 04:28 PM   #74
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
Is there some way to do a backup of the wifi configuration to restore later?
(KSM home) tools > back up and restore > back up > back up wpa supplicant conf.sh
You will find the backup in kbmenu/backup.
You can restore it via tools > back up and restore > restore > restore wpa supplicant conf.msh (at this point you can choose among several backups, if there are)

Last edited by tshering; 02-20-2015 at 04:32 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:32 PM   #75
gong
Enthusiast
gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Mini (f/w 3.4.1) + Aura (f/w 3.12.1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I try to produce something that is easy to handle (or so I say), if you do not have telnet access to your device.[LIST][*]copy screenshotv.sh (which you can find in the attached archive) into .adds/kbmenu...[/SPOILER]
Well it doesn't help I guess because the screenshot shows perfect full frame while on the device the screen is off-centered.
gong is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
koreader/nickel, ksm 07