Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-21-2019, 07:39 PM   #1
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony: PRS-300, PRS-350. Kobo: Aura v2, Clara HD, Libra 2
iBooks Wishlist

Hello,

I was wondering if someone had the same issue as I have before heading to Apple's forums to further the research into the problem I have, which is :

It looks like I have no more access to my iBooks wishlist. When I click on Wish List all that happens is the little wheel spinning, that's it.

I tried signing out of iCloud, and then reboot, sign back in, no go.

I'm using a Mac Mini with the latest OS installed.

I'm a bit miffed because the iBooks wishlist is the only one I like to use due to its easy to see if there's a sale layout

Thanks!!
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 04:53 AM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirsier View Post
Hello,

I was wondering if someone had the same issue as I have before heading to Apple's forums to further the research into the problem I have, which is :

It looks like I have no more access to my iBooks wishlist. When I click on Wish List all that happens is the little wheel spinning, that's it.

I tried signing out of iCloud, and then reboot, sign back in, no go.

I'm using a Mac Mini with the latest OS installed.

I'm a bit miffed because the iBooks wishlist is the only one I like to use due to its easy to see if there's a sale layout

Thanks!!

Pops up fine when I click on it in the books app. A quick google doesn't show any complaints in the last month or so.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 06:01 AM   #3
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Pops up fine when I click on it in the books app. A quick google doesn't show any complaints in the last month or so.
Yes I checked that too, all their services are running fine.

Thank you very much for confirming it's an issue on my side - I'll check on Apple Forums see if there's a solution to my sudden iBooks behaviour!

Old 01-22-2019, 08:13 AM   #4
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirsier View Post
Yes I checked that too, all their services are running fine.

Thank you very much for confirming it's an issue on my side - I'll check on Apple Forums see if there's a solution to my sudden iBooks behaviour!

I had my iTunes music for you selections flake out about a year ago. It took some time but they eventually got it working correctly again. Just need to chat with customer service. good luck.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:33 PM   #5
Squirsier
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I had my iTunes music for you selections flake out about a year ago. It took some time but they eventually got it working correctly again. Just need to chat with customer service. good luck.
Well, it looks like this is what happened to me too but for the Books app.

I posted on the Apple Forums and some other users were also having the same issue but there was no fix.

Few days later, someone gave the heads up that it now worked... and it does!
Old 02-01-2019, 08:53 PM   #6
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Can you uninstall and then reinstall the iBook app? I had an issue with Kobo app for iOS and doing this was a fix that worked
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 02:37 AM   #7
nimapourkarimi
Connoisseur
nimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad mini 3, Kindle PW2
You can uninstall it with the help of some uninstaller apps like "App Cleaner" or "CleanMyMac", but the only way to reinstall it is to reinstall mac os.
nimapourkarimi is offline   Reply With Quote