Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 03-07-2019, 09:45 AM   #31
maximus83
Nameless Being

Thanks Jim, was just brainstorming ideas. I realize multi-plat development is complex. Will be interested to see the ongoing development.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:44 PM   #32
wjBLqf-_9
Enthusiast
wjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None
Everyone:
==========
Item To Say #1 = Calibre does it well!
kovidgoyal has developed a fantastic software in Calibre!

Calibre native web interface is PHENOMENAL! It's great for a team technical library interface: looking for a book, use safari/firefox. the web interface is great for searching and great for "taking a copy from the shelf"
==========
Item To Say #2 = FBReader for Windows (*sigh*) I like that it is a traditional 'full' window sApp [download exe and run without any MS-AppStore account]. I only wish the FBReader windows app had any database centric paradoy with had the database centric app features in in their FBReader android app/
==========
Item To Say #3 = FREDA impresses me! (except for that whole "Microsoft Store" requirement)

imho fwiw Windows 10 and icloud-like account with MS-Google-AppStore... seriously detracts from the advantages of a non-google/non-apple operating system.

for all the faults of Windows/MS, they were the not-apple market place offering.
(download, install, use local credentials) simple! Works! I can back it up with Veeam!
==========
Item To Say #4 = If I have to go with a AppStore to install my replacement solution for FBReader/Android... I will look to the stability that is the genuine icloud AppStore.... *cringe* replace Windows10 HP Revolve 810 G3 reader with iOS/iPad.

imho fwiw android/chromeOS has annoyed me too. The used to be the less expensive alternative to apple. Now they compete with the highest priced Apple product without the Apple Ecosphere/deep-integration. And without the longterm software updates that Apple provides. Android used to be the WW2 Sherman tank to the engineering marvel Tiger Tanks. Except the prices are parody with Apple.
wjBLqf-_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert