Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-24-2019, 11:19 AM   #1
Tipiford
Enthusiast
Tipiford began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 10th Gen/Pixel App
Calibre cannot locate my library

After this last update (3.40.1-64bit), Calibre cannot locate its library. I have tried uninstalling Calibre, including removing all traces of Calibre in the Program Files (x86), App Data folders, the registry, etc. I have tried switching to a new library then returning, which gives me the right library folder, but the only book there is John Schember Quick Start guide in epub format, and in the Calibre library I have set up, does not contain this epub title. I'm suspecting I have an issue with the metadata.db file, but don't see how to correct it.
Tipiford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 11:49 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please ask Calibre questions in the Calibre forum, whence I’m now moving it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 01:24 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipiford View Post
After this last update (3.40.1-64bit), Calibre cannot locate its library. I have tried uninstalling Calibre, including removing all traces of Calibre in the Program Files (x86), App Data folders, the registry, etc. I have tried switching to a new library then returning, which gives me the right library folder, but the only book there is John Schember Quick Start guide in epub format, and in the Calibre library I have set up, does not contain this epub title. I'm suspecting I have an issue with the metadata.db file, but don't see how to correct it.
You just destroyed the location history of where your library WAS.

What you now have is a Fresh install (that is the sample book) in all respects using current placement rules (forced by W10 changes)

Had you read the FAQ when you had issues, you might have avoided all this pain.

Search your ENTIRE computer for metadata.db (ignore the one in the folder that has John's book). The other IS your old library. Note the path.
In Calibre: Click the Library icon: Switch/Create; USE EXISTING; <select the path where you found metadata.db>
That should do it if you have not done other stuff that makes further recovery difficult>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 03:20 PM   #4
Tipiford
Enthusiast
Tipiford began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 10th Gen/Pixel App
Thanx, resolved
Tipiford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:06 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipiford View Post
Thanx, resolved
Yea!
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote