Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-27-2017, 08:07 PM   #1
renzii
Librarian/Reader/Student
renzii began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire 6th Gen
Calibre error communicating with Fire 8; 6th gen.

I have a pretty large collection of books which used to sit happily on my Fire HDX. But after its sad demise last month (moment of silence, here), I purchased the new Kindle Fire 8" 6th generation. After some initial issues with my laptop (Lenovo Edge running Windows 10) not recognising the Fire as a media device, but only as a camera which involved way too many chat sessions with Amazon Kindle Support (no help), I was finally able to resolve it on my own (incomplete device drivers).
But the new issue is that in the middle of transferring my collection to the Fire's SD card, Calibre now reports that it has an error communicating with the device! I get the message below...

Failed to get device info: hr=2150236166 facility=42 error_code=6 description: The requested value cannot be determined.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 88, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 592, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 410, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 37, in check_thread
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 368, in free_space
WPDError: Failed to get device info: hr=2150236166 facility=42 error_code=6 description: The requested value cannot be determined.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
renzii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:53 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...ted-by-calibre
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:07 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Your device is failing to report free space for one of its drives. Are you using a SD card/ If so try removing it and see if the error persists.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:08 PM   #4
ibm650
ibm650 is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle
I have several new kindle fires, I get errors, this usually clears up when I delete the two files you put on the device, but I have one fire that just keeps getting errors. I do not think it is your software - which work fine on my other devices. But can you help?
ibm650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:27 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
reset the device or use one of th ewireless transfer methods.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote