Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 06-05-2019, 07:42 PM   #1
eReader fan
Addict
eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Onyx Nova pro and Hisense A2 pro
It's time for an eInk phone subforum? A reorganization is needed! (IMHO)

As we have more than one or two options to have an eInk phone I think it is the moment

We have the Hisense a2 pro and the a6, the Yotaphones and the project of Onyx. I know yotaphone is bankrupt, but the international version of the Yota 3 was released and probably some of the problems of the firmware will be fixed by some of the owners.

I think it will be ok for talking about GPS eInk friendly apps, alternatives ROMS or other related stuff.

Also maybe its time to move/delete some others subforums. Is the Windows subforum really usefull? Nook forum is almost dead also, and I think it stopped producing eReaders. And Tolino... Are they still selling eReaders?

Also I think Dasung deserves a specific subforum for its own, as it is producing and interesting and innovative product.

What do you think?

Last edited by eReader fan; 06-05-2019 at 10:13 PM.
eReader fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:28 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
So talk. You don't need a special forum for that ...just this thread.

I never heard of this phone ...how about a link!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2019, 10:10 PM   #3
eReader fan
Addict
eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
So talk. You don't need a special forum for that ...just this thread.

I never heard of this phone ...how about a link!
Yes sure, I can speak about that here, and also we could speak in just one thread about all the Onyx stuff, and in other for the Kobo stuff, etc but in the name of organization is much better to have subforums

I dont know of which of the 4 phones I mentioned you are asking about, so cant post a link. Anyway, just google the ones you want info and you will have it.

Edit: I edited the first message because I wanted to say more things about the organization of the subforums
Old 06-06-2019, 01:09 AM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eReader fan View Post
As we have more than one or two options to have an eInk phone I think it is the moment

We have the Hisense a2 pro and the a6, the Yotaphones and the project of Onyx. I know yotaphone is bankrupt, but the international version of the Yota 3 was released and probably some of the problems of the firmware will be fixed by some of the owners.

I think it will be ok for talking about GPS eInk friendly apps, alternatives ROMS or other related stuff.

Also maybe its time to move/delete some others subforums. Is the Windows subforum really usefull? Nook forum is almost dead also, and I think it stopped producing eReaders. And Tolino... Are they still selling eReaders?

Also I think Dasung deserves a specific subforum for its own, as it is producing and interesting and innovative product.

What do you think?
The Nook forum is far from dead. In fact, B&N just released a new Nook reader, with a 7.8'' eink screen. There's quite a bit of discussion about it (true, lots of it in the News forum, but still).

Also it's certainly too early to archive the Windows forum, as there are many Windows tablets out there and many people read on them.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:32 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Our criterion for creating a new forum is not whether or not devices exist, but whether or not there are sufficient active threads on the topic here at MR to justify a forum’s existence. Could you link to a few active threads on the topic of eInk phones so we can decide whether there’s sufficient interest to justify a forum for them, please?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2019, 11:19 PM   #6
eReader fan
Addict

Two months later... I finally answer. Sorry for that. Having a busy life

Well, maybe the Dasung subforum is not needed because as only being a screen without any capacity of improvement, hacking or having an ebook store its enough with the alternate devices subforum

For the eInk phones I think it will be interesting as there are ROMs, threads working on some of them in XDA, problems to talk about, etc because maybe its true there isnt a lot of peoplr talking about them but maybe there is more chating about that than in other almost dead subforums here.

Anyway just wanted to put the topic on the table.

Thanks
Old 08-01-2019, 12:31 AM   #7
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
What about for smart watches? Especially the color one. They're often being squinted at in bright light.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 04:49 AM   #8
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Our criterion for creating a new forum is not whether or not devices exist, but whether or not there are sufficient active threads on the topic here at MR to justify a forum’s existence. Could you link to a few active threads on the topic of eInk phones so we can decide whether there’s sufficient interest to justify a forum for them, please?
Kingrow K1 is delivering first devices too.
Should we use "Android Devices" to discuss those devices?
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote