Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 03-13-2014, 07:25 PM   #1
Noventer
Noventer began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Marvin is Fantastic! + Cache Question

I’m a voracious eBook reader and have spent the last couple of years mourning the premature death of Stanza and its user-centered philosophy. Then 6 days ago I discovered Marvin. Wow!!! To say that I’m thrilled is putting it mildly. This is what Stanza could have been if it hadn’t been killed by Amazon.

I do have a question that maybe someone can answer. What is Marvin’s cache capacity? How much data can it hold before it starts to slow down? I hope it's a lot. I have already maxed out the caches on iBooks, Bluefire, Google Books and Nook, and had to delete books back to the cloud so they could operate efficiently.
Noventer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:55 PM   #2
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
During my testing, I find that I can tolerate 4-6000 books on an iPad 4 (although I see no point in keeping so many myself). Other people have reported using Marvin with libraries of up to 58k books - I'd find that intolerable (and unreasonable) though.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert