Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-31-2022, 07:32 PM   #1
neuraltoxin
neuraltoxin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Call for beta testers https://kobli.me

Hi all,
I've been following the community here and have put together https://kobli.me to backup and sync sideloaded books over Wifi. It's been out a couple of weeks and I just released a new version of the sync app today.

Looking for feedback and beta testers.

The beta is read only and does not write back to the kobo database. More info here:

https://docs.kobli.me/

Thank you.

PS: The original call for beta testers was here: https://www.reddit.com/r/kobo/commen...tm_name=iossmf
neuraltoxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 11:33 AM   #2
qkqw
Connoisseur
qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Is the code of the client open source? I'd be interested in adding support for other backends, such as Nextcloud.
qkqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 07:34 PM   #3
neuraltoxin

Quote:
Originally Posted by qkqw View Post
Is the code of the client open source? I'd be interested in adding support for other backends, such as Nextcloud.
Not yet but I'll either open source the client or publish the API to the server once it's stable. You'll be able to read highlights, sync books etc once done.
Old 08-07-2022, 09:46 AM   #4
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
The tool has some overlaps with Calibre-web which has a Kobo-Sync integration. It essentially fools your Kobo into thinking that the Calibre-web library is the Kobo cloud. But it doesn't do Annotation sync.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 02:34 AM   #5
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does it only sync epubs and not kepubs?
Old 08-10-2022, 08:23 PM   #6
neuraltoxin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
Does it only sync epubs and not kepubs?
That's right but I'll support non-epubs very shortly.
Old 08-10-2022, 08:25 PM   #7
neuraltoxin

Quote:
The tool has some overlaps with Calibre-web which has a Kobo-Sync integration. It essentially fools your Kobo into thinking that the Calibre-web library is the Kobo cloud. But it doesn't do Annotation sync.
Yes - I use a different approach. Koblime does not proxy kobo's servers. Instead, the koblime sync app reads directly from the kobo database and files. We didn't want to interfere with any communications to the official kobo store.
Old 08-11-2022, 02:42 AM   #8
rantanplan
Guru

Currently it doesn't sync at all. Is something broken in the backend?
Old 08-11-2022, 08:42 AM   #9
rantanplan
Guru

Oh, I found the problem. Apparently I'm above my quota of 512MB with 522MB. Not sure how I've managed that with only 2 epubs and a few annotations.

What does this quota specifically refer to? Data transferred? Data stored?
Old 08-19-2022, 10:41 PM   #10
neuraltoxin

Quote:
Oh, I found the problem. Apparently I'm above my quota of 512MB with 522MB. Not sure how I've managed that with only 2 epubs and a few annotations.

What does this quota specifically refer to? Data transferred? Data stored?
It's not your quote but my server quota. The sites been more popular than I anticipated. It's back online now
Old 01-21-2023, 12:43 AM   #11
nelsonpecora
nelsonpecora began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I started using this, and I would be extremely interested in contributing code to this project if you open-sourced it! I have some ideas around Kavita and Hardcover integration that might be really cool.
nelsonpecora is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bêta-test, koblime, sync epub sideloaded