Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-08-2020, 01:47 PM   #1
ozgurs
Enthusiast
ozgurs began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
How to group books in Calibre and how to send this info to the reader?

Yesterday tried to organize books in reader..

I added manually some tags(words) as Collection column of the ebook on computer

Bu when i send this book to the device, it didnt transfer this Collection info.

How can i do it and

What is the best way to organize books on kobo device by Calibre software?

Thank you so much.
ozgurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 02:05 PM   #2
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
You have to create collections in calibre (shelves and collections are the same things, once the the collection were called shelves):

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...nd_Collections

Kobo does not use tags.

Last edited by ps67; 05-08-2020 at 02:07 PM.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2020, 02:12 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
You have to create collections in calibre (shelves and collections are the same things, once the the collection were called shelves):

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...nd_Collections

Kobo does not use tags.
Kobo can use tags as collection names. You just have to add the column that has the tags to the driver when you setup collections.

I use the Tags column for collections. I used to use the series columns, but I don't need to use it for collections since 4.20.14622 and the new series feature.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 02:16 PM   #4
ozgurs
Enthusiast

Thank you all..

I m reading the wiki page now...
Old 05-08-2020, 04:02 PM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
You have to connect your Kobo to Calibre twice. First to send the books, then eject, unplug, let the device update its database. Then connect the Kobo again, wait until it's done processing, eject, unplug. Now you should have the collection info on your Kobo.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2020, 11:52 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Kobo can use tags as collection names. You just have to add the column that has the tags to the driver when you setup collections.
Well, no, the Kobo device is not using tags as collections. The driver in calibre is the one using the tags to create the collections.

That might seem pedantic, but, if you compare it to how series info is used by the device, there is a big difference.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 05:04 PM   #7
ozgurs
Enthusiast

Thanks all

Kobo Forma new user
Old 05-26-2020, 03:01 PM   #8
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
You have to connect your Kobo to Calibre twice. First to send the books, then eject, unplug, let the device update its database. Then connect the Kobo again, wait until it's done processing, eject, unplug. Now you should have the collection info on your Kobo.
Thanks for this reminder! I just picked up my old Aura ONE LE and started loading new books since the last time I used it (more than a year ago) and I had completely forgotten about this part of the process.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 05:57 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Thanks for this reminder! I just picked up my old Aura ONE LE and started loading new books since the last time I used it (more than a year ago) and I had completely forgotten about this part of the process.
If you've updated the firmware to 4.21 and update Calibre to 4.17, you have another option for grouping by series without the need for series based collections.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote