Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-31-2020, 10:14 AM   #91
lvhuyen
lvhuyen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite
First of all, thanks to @geek1011 for this great tool.

I have an Aura One, and mostly used for reading PDFs. However, copying PDFs via USB is tedious (I also tried Calibre, but I personally think that it is worse than using USB - I still need to turn on my laptop, enable the Calibre server,...)

Is there any option that allows me to send files from my phone to my Kobo? I miss the "send via email" feature that Kindle provides.

Thanks a million.
lvhuyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 10:35 AM   #92
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvhuyen View Post
Is there any option that allows me to send files from my phone to my Kobo?
You can easily transfer files via FTP
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=57
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2020, 08:22 PM   #93
lvhuyen
lvhuyen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you Semwize and geek1011

I tried and could connect to the FTP server on my Kobo, but could not do any action (e.g: ls). Tried to send a file also failed - when I put a file from my laptop, I got 200, and then 421 after a while. On my Kobo, I could see the new file but with size = 0.

Code:
lvhuyen@HT470s:~$ ftp 192.168.8.102 1021
Connected to 192.168.8.102.
220 Operation successful
Name (192.168.8.102:lvhuyen): root
230 Operation successful
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> put oktashell.sh
local: oktashell.sh remote: oktashell.sh
200 Operation successful

421 Timeout
ftp>
BTW, is it possible to show the current IP address in the dbg_toast message?

Thanks a lot!
lvhuyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 08:51 PM   #94
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I can't vouch for the stock busybox applet (although I assume people have used it successfully in the past), but a current busybox build behaves just fine (tested w/ lftp).

----

As for showing the IP, a bit of massaging on the output of ip ought to do it, something along the lines of ip addr show ${INTERFACE} to inet | grep inet | awk '{print $2}' | cut -f1 -d/ ought to do it...
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 12:10 AM   #95
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
As for showing the IP, a bit of massaging on the output of ip ought to do it, something along the lines of ip addr show ${INTERFACE} to inet | grep inet | awk '{print $2}' | cut -f1 -d/ ought to do it...
I use: menu_item:main:IP Address:cmd_output:500:ifconfig | awk '/inet addr/{print substr($2,6)}'
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2020, 10:56 AM   #96
Luuuk
Luuuk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura H2o
Hello
I'm a little bit out of Ideas.
I used KFMon and KOreader so far. But i found it annoying after every update i had to reinstall it again which caused problem and i had to Reset my Aura h2o and loost 2k on books.
Now i saw there this new Nickelmenu that stays even after the update.
But i have problem to understand something, maybe someone can help me?

It says: Create a File no matter what type Named : KOBOeReader/.adds/nm/config

But how do you name a file like that if windows always says a file Name cant contain these characters like * / \ etc.
Or does it mean i have to make a File Named "Config" and put it in the nm directory??

Also follow the instructions in the DOC. Theres a lof commands i dont know how to use. I guess i have to stick with KFMon and the old way? I hope this would be a bit easier. Im a bit stupid when it comes to coding and commanding.
Please help and thank you in advance
Luuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 11:01 AM   #97
gogu1904
Connoisseur
gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One LE
You create the file named config (lowercase everything) and put it in the nm directory.

You do not have to stick with KFMon. You can start KOReader directly via a menu option using NM.
gogu1904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 11:03 AM   #98
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The OCP packages ship with a ready-to-go NM config (in .adds/nm/koreader).

You can then flip between KFMon/NM at your leisure. Just comment one and comment out the other .

----

That said: @Luuuk: I'm confused about how you managed to end up having to factory reset because of a simple update?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 11:17 AM   #99
Luuuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogu1904 View Post
You create the file named config (lowercase everything) and put it in the nm directory.

You do not have to stick with KFMon. You can start KOReader directly via a menu option using NM.
Thanks alot. Thats what i thought but i wasnt sure
Old 06-01-2020, 11:19 AM   #100
Luuuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
The OCP packages ship with a ready-to-go NM config (in .adds/nm/koreader).

You can then flip between KFMon/NM at your leisure. Just comment one and comment out the other .

----

That said: @Luuuk: I'm confused about how you managed to end up having to factory reset because of a simple update?

Thanks a lot. I will try it.

I really dont know what happened but after i did an update on my Kobo , it didnt actually start up anymore. Endless Loading. After Reset all was fine.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:37 PM   #101
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

NickelMenu v0.1.0

This release is the first major feature update for NickelMenu.
  • You can now execute chained actions depending on the result of the previous one using `chain_always`, `chain_success` or `chain_failure` (#11).
  • To make usage more clear, `chain` has been deprecated in favour of `chain_success` (#33).
  • You can now wait for a command to execute without showing the output with the new `quiet` option for `cmd_output` (#9).
  • NickelMenu now supports dynamically generated menu items (#4).
  • You can now automatically generate menu items for KFMon launchers using the new `kfmon` generator (#29).
  • Special hidden files are now ignored during configuration file parsing (#27).
  • More examples which make use of the new features have been added to the documentation.
  • The current version is now written to the log.
  • A few memory leaks have been fixed.
  • A new build option has been added for @NiLuJe's one-click packages for Plato/KOReader to automatically uninstall NickelMenu when deleting the configuration directory.
See the release on GitHub for more details.

Last edited by geek1011; 06-01-2020 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:00 PM   #102
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Is there a way to toggle screenshots on and off using NickelMenu? If the answer is yes, how would it be done?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 03:03 PM   #103
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is there a way to toggle screenshots on and off using NickelMenu? If the answer is yes, how would it be done?
Yes, using the `nickel_setting:screenshots` action.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:50 PM   #104
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
See the release on GitHub for more details.
FYI, link not working.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 05:39 PM   #105
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
One s was missing in link (release->releases). Correct link: https://github.com/geek1011/NickelMenu/releases/v0.1.0
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, launcher, ldpreload, nickel