Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-25-2020, 04:00 PM   #406
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bansheeat View Post
I just checked I installed your MiniClock Version from 20200501.

When I install the new MiniClock, do I have to uninstall the other Version first ?

About old Firmware on my Kobo Aura HD : I tried newer Firmware but my Kobo is quite slow and unresponsive with that.
The old Firmware I am using also provides the possibility to dismiss Tiles from the Homescreen just by tapping them long enough.
Have you tried 4.20.14622? If not, then you've given up at some earlier firmware. The current firmware is 4.21.15015. I'm using 4.20.14622 and it works rather well. Eventually I'll get around to installing 4.21.15015.

I really suggest you install 4.21.15015 and see how well it works.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 05:08 AM   #407
bansheeat
bansheeat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD Mark 4
So I installed FW 4.21.15015 on my Kobo Aura HD. It works quite well, but I really miss my Tiles on the Homescreen

And the best Part is - MiniClock is now working !

Thank you @NiLuJe for your patience and for your nice program.
bansheeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2020, 08:32 AM   #408
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@bansheeat: Cool :} (Also, you can thank @frostschutz, he did 99.9% of the hard work ^^).

FWIW, I think I know why it was broken on 3.19, and I'll be attempting to fix that anyway .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:52 AM   #409
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, for posterity's sake, >= 20200526 in #311 *should* now behave on old FW versions .
Old 05-26-2020, 02:57 PM   #410
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bansheeat View Post
So I installed FW 4.21.15015 on my Kobo Aura HD. It works quite well, but I really miss my Tiles on the Homescreen

And the best Part is - MiniClock is now working !

Thank you @NiLuJe for your patience and for your nice program.
With all the new stuff and fixes in 4.21, you'll get used to no longer having the tiles. Yes, it would be nice to still have them, but all the other stuff makes the new firmware much nicer to use.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2020, 08:59 AM   #411
bansheeat

My thanks goes also to @frostschutz, thank you for your good work.

Do you need somebody to test the MiniClock on the old Firmware ?

Because I got a second Kobo Aura HD with Firmware 3.19.5761.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:00 PM   #412
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@bansheeat: If you can spare the time, that'd be greatly appreciated, yes .
Old 05-28-2020, 12:16 PM   #413
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
In the meantime, here's a test package, as I've finished testing on my end, and nothing horrible happened ^^.

Configs should be compatible, but do review the updated example .
I completely stripped the patch codepath, so Libra/Forma users who use buttons will have to use the not-yet-in-a-release relevant kobopatch patch .

That's the only gotchas I can think of, so, brave testers welcome ;p.

EDIT: And of course, 5min later I remember that I forgot to check straight ePubs, aaaaaand, yep, we're too fast. Yet another proof that ePub performance is subpar.

EDIT²: Fixed it :/.

EDIT³: Now ignores gyro events by default, to prevent them from feeding the cooldown (c.f., the new graylist option).
How does one go about adding this feature? Does it exist as a patch somewhere?
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 01:17 PM   #414
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@93terp: Which feature, exactly?

The kobopatch patch was integrated in the standard patchset a couple versions ago already; and the MiniClock tweaks have also been released quite a while ago (that's #311).
Old 05-28-2020, 01:30 PM   #415
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@93terp: Which feature, exactly?

The kobopatch patch was integrated in the standard patchset a couple versions ago already; and the MiniClock tweaks have also been released quite a while ago (that's #311).
@ NiLuJe - I was looking for how to install the MiniClock feature. Is that already in one of the libnickel patchsets?
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 02:26 PM   #416
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@93terp:

No, it's a standalone hack. Again, in #311, which is the very post you quoted.

It's an update package. If you're not confident with how to deal with that, probably best to stay clear of it.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:22 PM   #417
bansheeat

@NiLuJe I tested the MiniClock Vers. 20200526 on my Kobo Aura HD FW 3.19.5761 and I am sorry to say it is not working. Same Behaviour just freezing up in the left upper corner not changing Time at all

Here is the debug.log as well.
Attached Files
File Type: txt debuglog.txt (18.3 KB, 110 views)

Last edited by bansheeat; 05-28-2020 at 05:53 PM.
Old 05-28-2020, 06:39 PM   #418
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@bansheeat: Thanks! Okay, that's consistent with what the log's reporting, so, it makes sense. (The Aura HD, like the H2O, is extra quirky, I'd forgotten that this would apply here).

Still not *quite* sure why that doesn't quite behave, but I have a few suspicions...

Could you get me a debug log from the Aura HD on 4.21, just to double-check something?

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-28-2020 at 06:45 PM. Reason: I need to stop confusing the Aura HD with the Aura ;)
Old 05-28-2020, 08:01 PM   #419
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Okay, changed tacks a bit, *hopefully* >= 20200529 in #311 should actually behave on older FW.

And also take care of @frostschutz's original concern about CJK (or just J?) content that might not have been drawing on edge rows/columns .

(The sentinel pixel is now smack dab in the middle of the screen).
Old 05-29-2020, 05:50 AM   #420
bansheeat

Here is the debuglog for Aura HD FW 4.21
I will test the new MiniClock later this day on Aura HD with FW 3.19.5761.

I installed the MiniClock Vers. 20200529 on Aura HD FW 3.19.5761 and it is working ;D

I attach a debuglog just for Info reason.

Good Work both of you.
Attached Files
File Type: txt debuglogAuraHDFW4_21.txt (13.5 KB, 107 views)
File Type: txt FW3.19debuglog.txt (46.5 KB, 104 views)

Last edited by bansheeat; 05-29-2020 at 12:13 PM.