Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 08:38 AM   #31
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Dammit Charles, you are supposed to say this is all impossible to implement and let my todo list empty out a little...

But thanks for the info. I think.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:07 AM   #32
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Dammit Charles, you are supposed to say this is all impossible to implement and let my todo list empty out a little...

But thanks for the info. I think.
I forgot to mention using those signals can corrupt the USB cable connecting a device to the computer, causing the connected device to melt into a puddle of plastic that cannot be disposed of without a WEEE license. No known workaround.
Advert
Old 05-08-2011, 12:38 AM   #33
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
Thanks for this very useful plugin, kiwidude!
(I'm sure you're aware of this already, but I thought I'd mention that it works just fine with the new 0.8 release of Calibre - think of this as one of those weird "no error occurred" messages in old Windows programs ).
Old 05-08-2011, 12:46 AM   #34
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrawn_aj View Post
"no error occurred"

Thanks Kiwidude
Old 05-12-2011, 10:25 AM   #35
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

v1.3 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Rewritten to support multiple devices for device independent lists
  • Allow renaming of devices
  • Allow specifying a device to not automatically be synced to
  • Allow syncing to a device manually while it is connected

Obviously the main feature in this release is support for multiple "device" sync lists. A device could be a location on an e-reader, a folder or iTunes. It no longer uses the Calibre news sync feature and operates completely independently.

Note that the first time you use the plugin after upgrading you will not have any menus available to you. First you must connect to your device/folder/iTunes, then enter the plugin dialog and click the "Add connected device". You can rename it, turn off autosyncing for that device etc. If you have multiple devices of the same type, be sure to rename them from this screen while they are connected to prevent any confusion.

There is also a bug currently in Calibre which means connecting or disconnecting a device while a dialog is open can cause a Calibre crash. So be sure to complete the connection before opening the configuration dialog and then close it before disconnecting. A ticket has been raised but this workaround will ensure you have no issues in the meantime.

Appreciate any thoughts on how well this works.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1_Toolbar.png
Views:	397
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	71272   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2_Configuration.png
Views:	397
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	71273  
Advert
Old 05-12-2011, 12:09 PM   #36
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
My menu is not being updated with the connection of a kindle or a folder.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:11 PM   #37
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
My menu is not being updated with the connection of a kindle or a folder.
Did you go into the configuration dialog after connecting to then click on the Add connected device button?
Old 05-12-2011, 12:17 PM   #38
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I do not have a configuration dialog, all I have is add to default sync list and view default sync list. Then I thought you moved the config to the plugins section in Preferences and I get this error message when clicking on the customize plugin option:

calibre, version 0.8.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'BookSyncAction' object has no attribute 'connected_device_info'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 262, in customize_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 337, in modify_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 150, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.book_sync.__init__", line 62, in config_widget
File "calibre_plugins.book_sync.config", line 202, in __init__
AttributeError: 'BookSyncAction' object has no attribute 'connected_device_info'

Is there somewhere else I should be looking for the config screen??
Old 05-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #39
kiwidude

Hmmm. It must be throwing an error in building your menus for you to not get the "Configure plugin" option. That would explain why you get the subsequent error above. Run Calibre in debug mode and post any error info you get from when it starts up. Also attach your Book Sync.config file.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:31 PM   #40
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Here is the debug info. I had to rename my json file in order for it to be attached.

calibre Debug log
calibre 0.8.0
Windows-7-6.1.7600
Windows
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7600')
Python 2.7.1
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7600', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Starting up...
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 333, in initialize
File "calibre_plugins.book_sync.action", line 52, in initialization_complete
File "calibre_plugins.book_sync.action", line 102, in rebuild_menus
KeyError: u'syncShortcut'
Started up in 70.010999918
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 262, in customize_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 337, in modify_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 150, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.book_sync.__init__", line 62, in config_widget
File "calibre_plugins.book_sync.config", line 202, in __init__
AttributeError: 'BookSyncAction' object has no attribute 'connected_device_info'
Attached Files
File Type: txt Book Sync.json.txt (76 Bytes, 378 views)
Old 05-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #41
kiwidude

v1.3.1 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Bug-fix for first time upgraders who did not have the sync now keyboard shortcut

@Nyn - not quite sure why someone who I had test this previously did not get that error but this should fix it. It is related to a new keyboard shortcut in the config file that wasnt there previously, you hit a combination that caused it to error by not being there, well done
Old 05-12-2011, 12:55 PM   #42
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

I am getting this error when connecting my kindle, this is after Calibre finished its startup, then I connected the kindle. I assume I am getting this because Calibre isn't finished "reading" my device before the plugin does it's thing:

calibre, version 0.8.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>UnboundLocalError</b>:local variable 'device_uuid' referenced before assignment

File "calibre_plugins.book_sync.action", line 254, in _on_device_metadata_available
File "calibre_plugins.book_sync.action", line 115, in rebuild_menus
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'device_uuid' referenced before assignment

This is the info when restarting in debug mode:

calibre Debug log
calibre 0.8.0
Windows-7-6.1.7600
Windows
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7600')
Python 2.7.1
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7600', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Starting up...
Started up in 5.99800014496
Job: 1 Get device information finished
No details available.
DEBUG: 0.0 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= None
DEBUG: 0.0 USBMS: dirs are: E:\ documents
DEBUG: 12.2 USBMS: scan from root False E:\documents
DEBUG: 15.4 USBMS: count found in cache: 739, count of files in metadata: 739, need_sync: False
DEBUG: 15.4 USBMS: Finished fetching list of books from device. oncard= None
DEBUG: 15.4 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= carda
DEBUG: 15.4 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= cardb
Job: 2 Get list of books on device finished
No details available.
DEBUG: 21.5 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
BOOKSYNC: Metadata available: {'main': {u'device_store_uuid': u'ea994618-710c-4f6f-b99b-609219252e12', u'prefix': 'E:/', u'device_name': u'Amazon Kindle', u'calibre_version': u'0.8.0', u'location_code': 'main', u'last_library_uuid': u'c261bb36-ccf0-486c-8f6a-b0ee45cc5bec', u'date_last_connected': u'2011-05-12T16:53:37.960000+00:00'}}
File "calibre_plugins.book_sync.action", line 254, in _on_device_metadata_available
File "calibre_plugins.book_sync.action", line 115, in rebuild_menus
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'device_uuid' referenced before assignment

DEBUG: 46.5 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
Job: 3 Send metadata to device finished
No details available.

EDIT: I get the same error when connecting to a folder.

Last edited by nynaevelan; 05-12-2011 at 12:59 PM. Reason: adding more info
Old 05-12-2011, 01:07 PM   #43
kiwidude

v1.3.2 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Bug-fix for when have less than two devices configured

@Nyn - my apologies, I clearly needed to test this better for the situation of upgraders. I have just cleared my config file out to simulate exctly your situation and fixed a few other problems as well. Fingers crossed this version should get you up and running. Thanks for your patience.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:16 PM   #44
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Changes in this release:
  • Bug-fix for when have less than two devices configured

@Nyn - my apologies, I clearly needed to test this better for the situation of upgraders. I have just cleared my config file out to simulate exctly your situation and fixed a few other problems as well. Fingers crossed this version should get you up and running. Thanks for your patience.
No prob, I do not mind being a beta tester, especially for something that is going to make my life a little easier.

EDIT: I think we have a winner, so far connecting to two different folders are working. This may not have been your intention but I think I am going to set this up to backup my books to their appropriate backup folders along with my kindle and galaxy tab. THANK YOU for this addition.

Last edited by nynaevelan; 05-12-2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 05-12-2011, 04:33 PM   #45
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I noticed I could not rename a device unless I actually had it plugged in. Is this a deliberate restriction?
Closed Thread