Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 10:47 PM   #1
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Problem deleting files

I've had this odd problem crop up today. When I try to delete a book directly from the reader (not through the computer) it has started showing a exclamation mark triangle with the message that the book can't be deleted-- and continues to list the book as on the reader, But when I plug it into the computer, it shows that the book has been deleted.

Anyone had this happen before? Know a fix?
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
Scott_T
Groupie
Scott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-500, Reb1100(dead)
I had a prob with mine not wanting to delete books but a shutdown/restart cleared it up
Scott_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 05:14 PM   #3
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Yes I would also suggest a soft reset in the first instance to see if that solves the problem.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:57 PM   #4
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
Yes I would also suggest a soft reset in the first instance to see if that solves the problem.
No, that was one of the first things I tried. No change. But plugging the reader into the computer makes the "missing but still listed" files stop being listed.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:18 PM   #5
KylePorter1
KylePorter1 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Ardeegee did you ever find a solution to this problem? I've had it for about three weeks now and don't know what is going on. I reset it and still no dice.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
BTW- Is the black cat a ninja?
KylePorter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2011, 12:20 AM   #6
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt

I had to reformat.

And if you can see it, it ain't a ninja.