Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-18-2010, 06:26 AM   #1
kgn
Groupie
kgn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 302
PB302 and bluetooth???

I am trying to get audio books working on my PB302.

First of all, cannot hear anything from the PB302 when playing. I guess it needs a headset??? The player is VERY basic - and not make for touch control - very hard to use. But I think I had it playing. No sound. No earphones were supplied as far as I can see. Is this correct??

Since I do not have any headsets, I thought I would try to connect to my bluetooth speakers. The bluetooth setup is like nothing I have seen before. It is nothing like the config screen in my phone for example.

Surely when you need to setup a bluetooth connection, you need to scan for the other bluetooth 'partner'. No such function seems available.

I want to send my music out to bluetooth speakers - is this possible? ie A2DP, I presume.

If not - what is the bluetooth stuff for?? Is there any manual, details on the bluetooth options?

While this is not a major thing (after all, it is an ebook reader, not an MP3 player), but playing audio books does seem like a good thing to be able to do.

I tried to setup a bluetooth connection (and failed). Now I have a bluetooth icon in the status bar. I assume this connection is chewing up battery power(?). How do I now disable bluetooth?

Last edited by kgn; 06-18-2010 at 06:29 AM.
kgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:29 AM   #2
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
Currently the bluetooth option is only for connecting with a mobilephone for internet (use it as modem). But PocketBook is working on a hardware supply, afaik on a keyboard support, perhaps there will be a earphone support too.

Its correct that there are no earphone in the 302 package, but you can plugin any standard earphone (e.g. you use with your mp3 player).

Bluetooth connection should disable on its own, after a short time.

Its true that the player on the 302 is very basically, but its working!

P.S.: When you plugin earphones, dont change it with the powersupply-connector. The plugin for the earphones is on the bottom of the 302
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2010, 05:31 PM   #3
kgn
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulli View Post
Currently the bluetooth option is only for connecting with a mobilephone for internet (use it as modem). But PocketBook is working on a hardware supply, afaik on a keyboard support, perhaps there will be a earphone support too.
Jeez - who uses bluetooth for that!! In other words, there is (for all practical purposes) no bluetooth yet. Ah well, I wish they had made that clear - I really did want to use the bluetooth functions.

It is like Wifi - that too is useless. It might have the hardware, but there is no (working ) software.

Ah well, I live for the next firmware upgrade.....
Old 06-23-2010, 05:33 PM   #4
kgn
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgn View Post
I tried to setup a bluetooth connection (and failed). Now I have a bluetooth icon in the status bar. I assume this connection is chewing up battery power(?). How do I now disable bluetooth?
Eventually the bluetooth icon did go away - but it was a day or so. I think it chewed up a lot of battery life, so it would be real nice to have some way of turning it off.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:26 AM   #5
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
You can manually disable it two ways:

Click on the bluetooth button in the tray, it will popup a menu, here you can disconnecte (= turning it off)

In the settings of your Bluetoothconnection you can set up a timeperiod after that the connection disables itself. (Disconnect, when inactive)

If there is no bluetoothconnection established, its disabled.
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 08:17 AM   #6
iPocketBook
iPocketBook doesn't litteriPocketBook doesn't litter

Device: pb 302, KT
according to the changelog, firmware 15.2 supports file-exchange via bluetooth. this is what I would like to use bt for; transfer files without having to connect the 302 via USB, rebooting it to disconnect etc.

does anyone know how to configure bt for file-exchange?

I currently use WIFI to download files from my mac to the 302, via the MiniBrowser, but this is obviously kind of a hack.
iPocketBook is offline   Reply With Quote