Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-25-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
scheichxodox
Zealot
scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Glass or plastic display?

Hi folks,

since there are quite a few larger devices announced for the near future I wanted to know if the display backplanes will be based on glass or plastic substrate. The reason is that I'm afraid of the durability of the devices. I suppose I've read to much about broken displays. I would like to treat an ebook reader like a normal book, meaning that I won't throw it around but I want to be able to carry it in a backpack and not be afraid of breaking it.

Plastic Logic will have a plastic display for sure with the QUE. How about all the others? Pocketbook announced plastic displays but they will arrive somewhere in the 3rd quarter. There are going to be some Sipix-Devices (e.g. Jinke A9 or Asus DR-950), what displays will they have? And what about Bridgestones QR-LPD? Do you have any information when the first plastic screens will hit the market?

Another question I have is, will the plastic displays really be that durable. Or are there maybe more components in an ebook reader that can break besides the display?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Greetz

Scheich Xodox
scheichxodox is offline   Reply With Quote