Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-20-2009, 02:20 AM   #151
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by deavod View Post
One more thing. I'm running Windows 7 RC1 and Office 2007 on this netbook. It boots from hibernate to desktop in about 20 - 25 seconds. That's with 1GB RAM and a standard HD, not a SDHD. Upgrading to a 2GB stick and a SDHD should make this netbook scream.
Yeah,

I'm running those on my Asus Eee PC 1000HE as well as MS Project and PhotoShop Vs. 6. I went with the Asus because of the nine hour (more like five in real life with WiFi-n turned on) battery life. Also I stuffed 2 GB of RAM and a 250 GB Hard Drive in it before I even turned it on. The original 160 GB drive with WinXP on it is still pristine.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:09 AM   #152
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:

One more thing. I'm running Windows 7 RC1 and Office 2007 on this netbook. It boots from hibernate to desktop in about 20 - 25 seconds. That's with 1GB RAM and a standard HD, not a SDHD. Upgrading to a 2GB stick and a SDHD should make this netbook scream.
Unless it is Intel's or G.Skill SSD that costs as much as netbook, then you will not notice the difference...I would not do it.

Enjoy new toy!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2009, 09:03 PM   #153
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:47 AM   #154
deavod
deavod began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Unless it is Intel's or G.Skill SSD that costs as much as netbook, then you will not notice the difference...I would not do it.

Enjoy new toy!
Too late

I pulled the 1GB and put in a 2GB stick. Also added a 9-cell battery. Haven't had a chance to test it yet, but I'm sure performance won't be worse for the 2GB.
deavod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:38 PM   #155
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Too late

I pulled the 1GB and put in a 2GB stick. Also added a 9-cell battery. Haven't had a chance to test it yet, but I'm sure performance won't be worse for the 2GB.
I think astra was referring to the amount of time needed to boot from hibernate, not how well it runs after it boots. Windows XP, Vista, or 7 will run better in two GB of RAM than it will in one; if only in the number of tasks that can be run concurrently.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2009, 04:52 PM   #156
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
I think astra was referring to the amount of time needed to boot from hibernate, not how well it runs after it boots. Windows XP, Vista, or 7 will run better in two GB of RAM than it will in one; if only in the number of tasks that can be run concurrently.
I was referring to swapping a real hard drive with SSD.
2G is good
astra is offline   Reply With Quote