Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 10-10-2008, 07:04 AM   #1
Cpfoxhunt
Cpfoxhunt began at the beginning.

Device: still looking
Increase size of PDF?

Hiya,

I have a PDF that happens to have a lot of diagrams in it. When I stick it onto my PRS-505, it comes up and covers about 3/4 of the screen. This is only just too small to read.

I was wondering if there was a way to somehow resize the original so that it takes up the entire screen? Initial experiments with PDFread are disappointing, as the writing appears jaggy and low res after conversion.

Oh and because of all the diagrams, pdf reflow doesn't want to play, so just hitting zoom isn't an option.

Any help greatly appreciated,
Cheers
Cpfoxhunt
Cpfoxhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
Cpfoxhunt
Cpfoxhunt began at the beginning.

Device: still looking
Could anyone tell me what sort of settings to use in pdfread? I have no idea what the DPI setting actually does, and the sharpness setting seems odd whichever way I plug the numbers in.
Cheers
Cpfoxhunt
Cpfoxhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2008, 06:07 PM   #3
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
try to backup your sony device on a laptop or so,

Sony has updated the firmware, which you can download and install from esupport.sony.com
do the firmware upgrade
put everything back on your device should Sony's firmware delete data on the drive

and try to switch to landscape when the document is opened.
See if that helps.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote