Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your preferred way of referring to non-ebooks?
'Pbook' (short for print book or printed book) 10 8.33%
'Pbook' (short for paper book) 13 10.83%
'Pbook' (short for physical book) 7 5.83%
'Pbook' (never thought about what it's short for) 4 3.33%
'Print Book' or 'Printed Book' 10 8.33%
'Paper Book' 48 40.00%
'Physical Book' 14 11.67%
'DTB' (short for dead tree book) 9 7.50%
'Dead Tree Book' 14 11.67%
'Real Book' 4 3.33%
'Spine Book' or 'Spined Book' 0 0%
'Book' 35 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2017, 12:43 PM   #46
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Traditional books is a good one, as is paperback/hardback. I thought it probably wouldn't be that popular but I'm surprised no one has chosen spined books. I've definitely heard others use the term and more than once, but admittedly it has been a long while since the last time.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:44 PM   #47
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Traditional books is a good one, as is paperback/hardback. I thought it probably wouldn't be that popular but I'm surprised no one has chosen spined books. I've definitely heard others use the term and more than once, but admittedly it has been a long while since the last time.
Maybe because using "spined books" would suggest that ebooks are spineless, and that just wouldn't be right.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2017, 08:43 AM   #48
toddhicks209
Enthusiast
toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I generally thought of books as paperbacks and didn't give it much thought before seeing these names for printed books.
toddhicks209 is offline   Reply With Quote