Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 12-14-2016, 05:57 PM   #1
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Audio Realms audiobooks

Anybody out there know what happened to Audio Realms? They offered a bunch of audiobooks free through Audiobooks.com around Halloween. Now their website, their own store (theaudiobookshop.com), and their Facebook page are gone. All of their titles have been removed from Audiobooks.com (which removed them from my library! ), though you can still buy them over at Audible.

Thanks,
skinmaan
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 03:10 PM   #2
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, no new information but at least I wasn't the only one who noticed.

http://goodereader.com/blog/digital-...ut-of-business
Advert
Old 03-22-2017, 05:08 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
Well, no new information but at least I wasn't the only one who noticed.

http://goodereader.com/blog/digital-...ut-of-business
I just checked my Audiobooks.com account and 12 books are missing.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 06:21 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
One of the biggest downsides with audiobooks.com. If they stop offering a book for any reason they remove it from the library of everyone who owns it. Unlike Audible with their audiobooks or most/all(?) of the major eBook retailers where they remove it from sale, but maintain a copy for those who already bought the title.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:07 PM   #5
skinmaan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
It's odd. When I look on the website the books are gone. When I look on the app they are still there. I haven't tried to d/l any of them lately, though.
Advert
Old 03-23-2017, 12:10 AM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
It's odd. When I look on the website the books are gone. When I look on the app they are still there. I haven't tried to d/l any of them lately, though.
Thanks, I didn't think about checking the app.

Anyway, the missing ones are there and will play and/or download.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote