Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-21-2009, 10:36 PM   #121
KindleMan
Enthusiast
KindleMan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I'm getting the error message "No Record for this Loan is Found on this machine" when downloading ePub books from two different libraries. They seem to download okay when I select Open but after ADE authorizes the book and then tries to open it I get the "No Record for this Loan message.

Any ideas?
KindleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:00 AM   #122
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
I think you should post this issue on Adobe forums.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2009, 06:27 PM   #123
KindleMan
Enthusiast
KindleMan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I would, but it's already been posted there by another user and there was no reply. It doesn't look like there is much help from Adobe there. I will email directly, but figured I'd throw out the question here as there's a lot of smart people here! (Including you Igorsk!)
KindleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:27 PM   #124
crsheilah
Connoisseur
crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Velocity Cruz T103
I just received my New York Public Library non-resident card last Friday. Since I live in Costa Rica this is a Godsend to me! I am a U.S. citizen and had no trouble getting the card using my Miami forwarding address and a check from a U.S. bank. I send a copy of my passport as my I.D.
crsheilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:59 PM   #125
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
I took a road trip yesterday and got library cards for Solano County, Alameda County, Contra Costa County, and San Francisco Public Library. SFPL and Contra Costa have epub ebooks, so those two libraries alone made the trip worth it. Contra Costa also gives me access to the Northern California Digital library, ALSO making the trip worth it. I have gone through the fiction and non-fiction collections at all 3 and added a ton of books to my list. I shouldn't need to buy ANY ebooks for a LONG time. The Solano and Alameda have collections on Netlibrary, and I'm still going through those collections. Those two don't seem to have a very good collection. Which is rather disappointing. But I passed right by both libraries, so I really didn't go out of my way to get them.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2009, 05:32 PM   #126
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Wow Kelly! You hit a lot of libraries with one trip!! Hope you had a good day!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:37 PM   #127
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleMan View Post
I'm getting the error message "No Record for this Loan is Found on this machine" when downloading ePub books from two different libraries. They seem to download okay when I select Open but after ADE authorizes the book and then tries to open it I get the "No Record for this Loan message.

Any ideas?
It sounds like your copy of ADE was not properly authorized when it was setup on your computer. Have you tried reauthorizing? (little arrow next to the "library" heading)

The only other time that I have seen that error was is when the ebook had expired.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:40 PM   #128
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I absolutely LOVE the ebooks at the Chicago Public Library. i have had the issues others mentioned a couple times. I reinstalled and reactivated Adobe Editions, and once all of my books just disappeared! Luckily, I had only downloaded them once, so I could do so again.

I must say, the inability to return Mobi books early is a downer, because I check out a number of books and find I don't like them, and the CPL limits you to 6. But they recently put in an option for 7, 14 or 21 day checkout, and that helps tremendously.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:36 PM   #129
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Wow Kelly! You hit a lot of libraries with one trip!! Hope you had a good day!

dordale
Yes It was quite a productive day. It was scary driving in San Francisco, especially since I'm not familiar with that area AT ALL. I went to the Mission(?) branch, and luckily found some free parking a couple blocks away. I was so glad when I got out of there though.

Alameda and Solano were kinda disappointing since they only have netlibrary and that seems to be general interest books. I couldn't find any romance or contemporary fiction. So I probably could've done without those. But the other two were DEFINITELY worth it. I have a ton of books on my list now. I want to get caught up with the ebooks that I bought first then I'll start on the library collections.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:22 AM   #130
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
SFPL has epub books on loan? How did I miss that info? Kelly, can you tell me where they're hiding them on the SFPL web site?

Sorry you had such a hair-raising time driving in my beloved city.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:26 AM   #131
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
OK, I persisted and found the epub books on SFPL online. I hope the library amps up their search capabilities soon.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:59 AM   #132
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisI View Post
My wife and I each have a 505, and I have made the following "discovery" about sharing library books:

We have installed Adobe Digital Editions onto each computer, and activated both computers and both 505's with the same Adobe ID.

If either of us goes to the library and checks out a book, it is assigned to the computer that checked it out. If I try to follow the ADE directions for copying files to other computers the book appears in the library, but when I try to read it on the second computer, I get a message that says there is no borrowing record, and it will not open.

However, if I connect each reader (one at a time) to the computer that did check out the book, I can copy the book to both readers.
I've got a different behavior going on, and I'm wondering if there's a setting I could change somewhere to get ADE to work for me like it does for ChrisI. Here's my problem:

I also have two PC's authorized to the same AdobeID. I can download a library book on the first PC, and copy it to my Reader without any problem. But, if I go to the second PC, download a different book, and copy that one to the 505, suddenly every library book on my Reader becomes access-blocked (screen says only "!Protected Book!" or something like that.)

Luckily, the Harris County Library allows me to download each book up to three times, so I can work around this by re-downloading all of the books to one computer, de-authorizing and re-authorizing the reader, and then re-copying the books over, but that's an awful lot of steps, and it appears that it may not be "normal." Can anyone advise?

curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:13 AM   #133
crsheilah
Connoisseur
crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I absolutely LOVE the ebooks at the Chicago Public Library. i have had the issues others mentioned a couple times. I reinstalled and reactivated Adobe Editions, and once all of my books just disappeared! Luckily, I had only downloaded them once, so I could do so again.

I must say, the inability to return Mobi books early is a downer, because I check out a number of books and find I don't like them, and the CPL limits you to 6. But they recently put in an option for 7, 14 or 21 day checkout, and that helps tremendously.
Are you sure you can't return the books early? It took me about a month to discover I COULD return books early to the NYPL! On ADE click on the book and you will find a list of options including: delete book, return book to library, and several others.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:21 AM   #134
crsheilah
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
I've got a different behavior going on, and I'm wondering if there's a setting I could change somewhere to get ADE to work for me like it does for ChrisI. Here's my problem:

I also have two PC's authorized to the same AdobeID. I can download a library book on the first PC, and copy it to my Reader without any problem. But, if I go to the second PC, download a different book, and copy that one to the 505, suddenly every library book on my Reader becomes access-blocked (screen says only "!Protected Book!" or something like that.)

Luckily, the Harris County Library allows me to download each book up to three times, so I can work around this by re-downloading all of the books to one computer, de-authorizing and re-authorizing the reader, and then re-copying the books over, but that's an awful lot of steps, and it appears that it may not be "normal." Can anyone advise?

I've been thinking how to work this also cause I've finally convinced my husband that he needs to get his own Sony 505. We're looking for a good buy (too bad we missed out on the Sony special that expired in June) I think maybe the easiest way would be to register both readers to just one computer. Since you can download the book up to 3 times, maybe this would solve the problem?

All my other books, not including library books, are on Calibre so that would simplify that also.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:46 PM   #135
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crsheilah View Post
...I think maybe the easiest way would be to register both readers to just one computer. ...
I guess knowing/understanding whether that's the paradigm that ADE uses would help me to know what to expect. The Sony Store DRM doesn't care. I can download books to any authorized PC, and as long as my reader is authorized to the same account, I can load books from any or all of the PC's and they all play together nicely. ADE, however, seems to tie the 505 authorization to a PC authorization, any only one "pairing" works at a time (for me at least).

I also have a Mac, and I've never been able to accomplish what other folks have said will work--downloading protected ADE to Mac with the same Adobe ID, and then just transferring the file over through the OS.

Last edited by curtw; 07-15-2009 at 04:11 PM.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote