Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-22-2015, 03:28 AM   #1
lsces
lsces began at the beginning.

Device: Various tables and phones
Naming convention

Pointed out I was asking in the wrong forum, but this is expanded on the original question
I've been making a bit of a mess of uploading a growing library of magazines. The bulk are pdf's so don't have any metadata so what I'm looking to do is tidy up the file names in much the same way we do for television programs. They have series name, episode number usually in the format SxxEyy and episode name and a lookup on the likes of thetvdb.com returns metadata and the like.
So is it possible to do 'magazine name-vol/issue-month/year' and get calibre to use the info for series and title. Currently I'm manually editing things after duplicate uploads but often the information does not make any sense.
OR is it a matter of adding metadata to each of the pdf's? Originally I was just working with my own scans, which then get processed through FineReader OCR to give searchable text, but now increasingly I'm picking up archive CD's to replace the shelves of paper and these are not consistent even from one publisher
lsces is offline   Reply With Quote