Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-28-2012, 07:53 AM   #1
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
This is why I chose a Kindle

In a recent article in the New York Times published over the XMas holiday Amazon had this to say about the recent law suit by the US Department of Justice of several book publishers: "After the suit was filed, Amazon said it looked forward to lowering prices." A willingness on the part of Amazon to lower book prices and to under cut their competition's prices. I have also found that amazon has one of the largest collection of free literature on the planet. With Amazon I am able to squeeze the long terms costs of ebook reading.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
No credit card needed... Great Customer Service.... Hundreds of Free Ebooks I can pick thru Daily! Easy to hold use & Long lasting Batteries! No Questions asked replacement or refunds! hummm think I covered it all
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I Love Amazon's Customer Service!

My husband found a "Amazon LocalDeal" offer for the PaperWhite cases. When we went to redeem the code it wouldn't work. After trying a few things, we realized that code was only recognized for the "Onyx" case - I wanted the "Ink Blue".

I contacted Amazon via chat and within a few minutes (10 - 15 max) my order was placed, discount manually applied by the CS Rep. I didn't even have to give him the redemption code.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #4
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
Wow, that's great. I've always found Amazon Customer Service to be very helpful.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #5
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
I initially chose Kindle because... It was a gift.

I chose to stay after free books and low prices.
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #6
pazu
Pazu
pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Treo 650
I used to have a Sony Reader (PRS 505), the screen was broken, I had to send it to the States from Tibet to fix it. A big hassle indeed.

Then I bought a Kindle Keyboard, the screen was broken after 11 months when I was in Nepal. Got a new one shipped to Hong Kong immediately, free of charge.

Then my Kindle Keyboard screen was broken again (after another 6 months), no warranty this time. But the Customer Service gave me a discount of US$ 30 to buy a new Kindle Paperwhite! So I paid only US$ 89 and got a new device.

I simply love the service!
pazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #7
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
The main things that converted me from the sony I had before it was the synching your place in books between the kindle and the apps along with the ease of finding good prices for books.

With the sony I had to trawl through a bunch of disparate sites in order to get the full selection or best prices on books and while amazon isn't always the cheapest option it is normally close enough and more convenient.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #8
omega34
Enthusiast
omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Yeah, the Kindle Store experience is really smooth and great. I also like the features of my Paperwhite, especially the Time to Read, which tells you how many minutes left in the chapter.
omega34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:52 PM   #9
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega34 View Post
Yeah, the Kindle Store experience is really smooth and great. I also like the features of my Paperwhite, especially the Time to Read, which tells you how many minutes left in the chapter.
Yes! You can also toggle to the time left in the entire book, as well.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #10
cheezr
cheezr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazu View Post
I used to have a Sony Reader (PRS 505), the screen was broken, I had to send it to the States from Tibet to fix it. A big hassle indeed.

Then I bought a Kindle Keyboard, the screen was broken after 11 months when I was in Nepal. Got a new one shipped to Hong Kong immediately, free of charge.

Then my Kindle Keyboard screen was broken again (after another 6 months), no warranty this time. But the Customer Service gave me a discount of US$ 30 to buy a new Kindle Paperwhite! So I paid only US$ 89 and got a new device.

I simply love the service!
You're lucky. Or maybe I was unlucky. I called on two separate occasions to ask if my damaged Kindle Keyboard could be replaced with a discounted Paperwhite and they said no.
cheezr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #11
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
The Kindle Keyboard is the only eink device I've owned. When I was selecting an ereader, I did seriously consider Nook and Sony, but Amazon seemed to have the best ebook prices and selection, so I went with Kindle. I'm very happy with it.

I'd love to own a Paperwhite, but that'll have to wait until my KK eventually dies.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:10 AM   #12
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Yes! You can also toggle to the time left in the entire book, as well.
I just wish you could choose to have page numbers displayed in that bit in the books that include them.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #13
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
I just wish you could choose to have page numbers displayed in that bit in the books that include them.
True. It is a bit of a nuisance having to pull up the "menu", I guess we can call it, inorder to see the page numbers.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #14
pazu
Pazu
pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Treo 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezr View Post
You're lucky. Or maybe I was unlucky. I called on two separate occasions to ask if my damaged Kindle Keyboard could be replaced with a discounted Paperwhite and they said no.
Yes I'm probably lucky.

One of my friends had a similar situation, but he needed to asked 4 times to get a discount of US% 20. Perhaps you can ask Amazon again. b
pazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:41 PM   #15
omega34
Enthusiast
omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
True. It is a bit of a nuisance having to pull up the "menu", I guess we can call it, inorder to see the page numbers.
When I pull up the menu, I only get the location, which is always somewhere in the thousands. How do I get normal page numbers to appear?
omega34 is offline   Reply With Quote