Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-04-2012, 07:54 AM   #1
Marcela K
Marcela K began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
Boox M92 - Problems transferring annotated PDFs

I have transferred an annotated PDF from one M92 to another M92. However, I am now experiencing the problem, that apparently the annotations were effectively transferred to the "new"/other Boox, as can be gathered from slight grey highlighting within the text, but they neither show within the "List of annotations" nor am I able to access the titles given to the annotations or work with them in any other way. Do I have to change any settings for this purpose? What went wrong? Anyone an idea?
Thanks for your help!
Marcela K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #2
Knorke
Enthusiast
Knorke is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcela K View Post
... What went wrong?...
Hi Marcela,

I think nothing went wrong. When you merge an annotated pdf to a new one (with a new file name) where the comments are marked the m92 internal comments are lost for this file and so you can't see the comment list. The merging makes only sense when you've finished your annotations. This is normal!

If you want to continue the comment process on another m92 or in another directory you only have to copy also the relative directory .onyx where the comment information (annotations and scribblings) are saved. You have to open the original pdf file in the new folder or on the other m92.

Good luck.
Knorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2012, 03:47 AM   #3
Marcela K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knorke View Post
Hi Marcela,

I think nothing went wrong. When you merge an annotated pdf to a new one (with a new file name) where the comments are marked the m92 internal comments are lost for this file and so you can't see the comment list. The merging makes only sense when you've finished your annotations. This is normal!

If you want to continue the comment process on another m92 or in another directory you only have to copy also the relative directory .onyx where the comment information (annotations and scribblings) are saved. You have to open the original pdf file in the new folder or on the other m92.

Good luck.
oh, thanks! i'll give it a try! however, i don't fully understand (maybe you are also able to help me understand it) what the merging is there for, if i am not able to read the comments on another m92 within the document. this is independent of the comments-list. within the documents it shows that some kind of annotations/comments are inserted, but i am not able to access these comments, while i am able to read them on another device such as a computer, for instance.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:34 AM   #4
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I try to explain.

Onyx uses internaly 2 files, pdf and database with scribles, annotations, .... and maybe something else....

It allows add/modify/delete/go to certain annotation, etc.

M92 has a feature to insert most of the information from database to pdf. This allows to see the work done outside "Onyx enviroment". But some info is lost (maybe pdf format or Adobe pdf library used does not allow that).

If you want to move your work from one Onyx to another (or even within one Onyx to another folder), you must move the both pdf and apropriate file in .Onyx folder.

I am sure, but I have the feeling that .Onyx is marked as system folder and so may be invisible in default setup of Windows. If that is the case, you have to allow displaying system files in File manager.

PS.
It seems to me that you come from CR. If so and if you will have problems to transfer the files, send me a PM and we may try to solve it via phone.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:27 AM   #5
Marcela K

Thanks for the answer! Yes, I understood that information about the .Onyx-directory and the separate pdf-files. With the second post I was just trying to understand the functioning of the reader and why I cannot even see the comments attached to the annotations done by another M92 (not wanting to delete or edit anything!), while it is possible to read them on another computer, for instance. However, this time it is not a very urgent case, so probably it should be settled with your last reply, for which I am very thankful, especially for your offer to solve the problem via phone. And next time at least I know which files to transfer.
Advert