Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-30-2011, 11:59 AM   #46
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
Still no volume buttons!
I was going to post the same thing!

Actually, the volume controls in the video playback are better now. It used to be that you had to pause the move and open the top menu to increase the volume. So at least it's improved a bit.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:13 PM   #47
jswinden
Nameless Being

Little by little I guess. At least we have gotten two apparently major updates within the space of two weeks. The Fire shipped mid-November with 6.0 and it now has 6.2. I hope an update in the near future addresses some of the issues we have stressed here in this forum, like giving the Fire's stock reader app the features already available on K3s and K4s, and doing more to allow us to better use the Carousel or at least toggle it off.

Compare the Fire updates to what B&N does for the NookColor and we are way better off in that respect.
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 01:25 PM   #48
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
I was going to post the same thing!

Actually, the volume controls in the video playback are better now. It used to be that you had to pause the move and open the top menu to increase the volume. So at least it's improved a bit.
I was watching a Netflix movie last night & it was pausing everytime I went to turn up the volume. I was using headphones too.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:48 PM   #49
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Wow!

I had 6.2 since I bought it before thanksgiving ... ... that was actually the 1st thing the device asked during registration process.

Can't compare how was before, because I never used it with 6.1 firmware, but no major issues besides the day that refused to start.

By the way, I took the decision, will keep it and return the Nook Tablet.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:49 PM   #50
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post

By the way, I took the decision, will keep it and return the Nook Tablet.
Please share why you returned it! You seemed really pumped about it, particularly when you found out you could sideload apps. Was it simply because of the IT books at Amazon?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 01:56 PM   #51
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Please share why you returned it! You seemed really pumped about it, particularly when you found out you could sideload apps. Was it simply because of the IT books at Amazon?

Coming soon. I'm in my lunch break now. So, planning to write a full review tonight or Friday after work.

But I did not find the Nook Tablet a bad device. Actually, I like the hardware. But the Kindle apk workaround did not work as expected and I buy all my books on Amazon. B&N IT book collection is not as good, and they have higher prices.

Keep in touch ... ;-)
Old 11-30-2011, 02:02 PM   #52
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:

Coming soon. I'm in my lunch break now. So, planning to write a full review tonight or Friday after work.

But I did not find the Nook Tablet a bad device. Actually, I like the hardware. But the Kindle apk workaround did not work as expected and I buy all my books on Amazon. B&N IT book collection is not as good, and they have higher prices.

Keep in touch ... ;-)
You know if boswd were still around, he wouldn't be surprised at your decision to return the NOOK Tablet!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:02 PM   #53
jswinden
Nameless Being

Not that I want to or recommend trying this, but I'm curious if anyone has tried installing Kindle for Android on the Fire. It is a different app than the Fire's stock reader and it does have a library. Not much in formatting options though.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:40 PM   #54
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Not that I want to or recommend trying this, but I'm curious if anyone has tried installing Kindle for Android on the Fire. It is a different app than the Fire's stock reader and it does have a library. Not much in formatting options though.
Something I do like from the B&N Android app, that we do not have on Kindle, is the page animation, like a real page. In absence of that, I would like to turn that option off on Kindle , that page moves from right to left during transition, hate that! lol ...

I consider the Kindle for iOs a more mature and elegant application.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:03 PM   #55
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Something I do like from the B&N Android app, that we do not have on Kindle, is the page animation, like a real page. In absence of that, I would like to turn that option off on Kindle , that page moves from right to left during transition, hate that! lol ...

I consider the Kindle for iOs a more mature and elegant application.
Yes. I was hoping some of its features would be included in the stock reader app on the Fire. I really like the two page landscape mode. I got spoiled to that with the Sony PRS-950 I had. It actually works well on a 7" screen, though just. I understand how a 6" screen would not be wide enough, but a 7" screen is. Coolreader has this mode and it looks good on the Fire, though Coolreader is somewhat buggie.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:26 PM   #56
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bluetooth was not updated. Neither was the espresso maker!!!
Old 11-30-2011, 11:29 PM   #57
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Bluetooth was not updated. Neither was the espresso maker!!!
Espresso maker?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:34 PM   #58
monkeyluis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Espresso maker?
One can hope!

Really, it's more of a shot at the reviewers that said this & this & that were left out.

Honestly. I only would have liked hardware volume buttons & Bluetooth because I do have a few pair that I like & eliminate the tangled mess. I can do with it. Volume they may be able to figure it out easier to change the software. We'll see. Still loving the device quite a bit.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:49 PM   #59
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
One can hope!

Really, it's more of a shot at the reviewers that said this & this & that were left out.

Honestly. I only would have liked hardware volume buttons & Bluetooth because I do have a few pair that I like & eliminate the tangled mess. I can do with it. Volume they may be able to figure it out easier to change the software. We'll see. Still loving the device quite a bit.
Ohhhhh Yes I would like a water dispenser too please!

I'm use to software control volume. My phone doesn't have one as well. Bluetooth would have been nice!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:01 AM   #60
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
To those who have seen an improvement in the page animation, do you see any difference in page animation smoothness when wifi is turned on vs off? I'm still seeing a slightly stuttered animation when WiFi is turned off.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote