Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-19-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
unable to update your devices database.syncing cannot be completed?

recently updated to 1.8 and now I get this message? this is the 4th update I have done and the first time I have had this message?

any thoughts

figured it out for some reason the desktop app had not updated, every thing is well

Last edited by baronrus; 12-19-2010 at 07:37 PM.
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:38 AM   #2
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Baronrus, would you post exact steps you made during upgrade
process?
I assume you should follow taming's post, with intermedium re-
moval of specific files.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2010, 07:05 AM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
It looks like baronrus figured it out, Zoran. The desktop needed to be reinstalled.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:32 AM   #4
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
It looks like baronrus figured it out, Zoran. The desktop needed to be reinstalled.
Taming is correct. The first 3 I did were my families and I used the same computer to do the upgrade. The most recent update was a friends and her desktop had not been updated. Once it updated everything was fine
Old 12-20-2010, 10:13 AM   #5
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
I"m glad all went fine.
Seems that desktop upgrade gives better results than previous try.
Just few extra steps, already depicted in major threads.
I have to say again and again how user community makes big part
of success for device like our ereader.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2010, 10:25 AM   #6
baronrus
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoran View Post
I"m glad all went fine.
Seems that desktop upgrade gives better results than previous try.
Just few extra steps, already depicted in major threads.
I have to say again and again how user community makes big part
of success for device like our ereader.

There is no question that this community has made my whole experience with the kobo much easier and more enjoyable. The Kobo organization owes alot to the contributors here.

Maybe they could post a cupon code here for registered mobile read members?