Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 04-06-2008, 08:25 PM   #1
prof2300
prof2300 began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
problems with sony ebook library

I recently purchased the prs505 and installed the ebook library software. Everything was going good for the last few weeks and now I keep getting an error message when I try to open the program. It reads " eBook Library has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the error persists. My next option is to reformat the computer but I don't want to do something that drastic as yet. Is there anything to do?
prof2300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:14 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
When you uninstalled did you also delete the programs folder from Program Files to make sure whatever is causing the problem isn't be left behind?

Did you install anything on the computer that could have caused it to quit working?

Does it work in safe mode?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:25 PM   #3
chino
chino began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
what I have tried its by adding the ebook library.exe and several dlls to the firewall of norton (drivemanager, ebookdevice, ebookusb, fsebook, fskpower, fsksecurity, ktkbook) and that seems to worked for me. You can give it a try.

Hope it works
chino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:07 PM   #4
autumnsong
autumnsong is on a distinguished road

Device: sony prs-505
I am having the same problem. It started when ebook library did an upgrade, help would really be appreciated.
autumnsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
rfk
rfk began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader 505
I have just downloaded EBL version 3 for MAC. It installed ok, but gave the following error after stating successful install.
The file /USD&language=en&product=unkown does not exist. On another machine here it worked well and the missing file seems to be crucial in reconnecting to the sony site. Help anyone. Thanks
rfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:32 PM   #6
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Make sure you delete the Kinowa folder (or is it Kinoma? I can never remember) folder as well.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:57 AM   #7
leonnyan
Enthusiast
leonnyan began at the beginning.

Device: PRS700BC
v3 problems

I am having v3 software problems and spent an hour plus on IM help with no resolution. After a clean clean install of software (deleting all folders) and re-authorizing my PC, and hard resetting my PRS700BC I still get the error.

My last test, after all the clean install, was to download one purchased content and try to sync. Crash. Very frustrating as now I have no content on the device and have to wait for the East Coast to wake up and call.

The Sony eBook software is such a nightmare. I thought v3 would be better, but so far it appears that only the Chrome has changed. Very unstable it appears.

Leon
leonnyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:56 AM   #8
Pier
Enthusiast
Pier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of light

Device: sony ereader PRS700
I had the exact same problem. I spent hours with sony support staff trying to fix it...clean uninstall of the previous version, new install of v3 (Multiple tries), etc. It installs successfully but will not launch. The support person made me reinstall previous version from their link so that I could at least have one software working while we try to find the problem but now...this version is not launching either! As a last resort I was told someone would get back to me by phone and would help me find the problem. First they were to call me on Friday night...no show...then after I called them back it was Sunday....no show either! So I'm stuch with no software for my reader!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonnyan View Post
I am having v3 software problems and spent an hour plus on IM help with no resolution. After a clean clean install of software (deleting all folders) and re-authorizing my PC, and hard resetting my PRS700BC I still get the error.

My last test, after all the clean install, was to download one purchased content and try to sync. Crash. Very frustrating as now I have no content on the device and have to wait for the East Coast to wake up and call.

The Sony eBook software is such a nightmare. I thought v3 would be better, but so far it appears that only the Chrome has changed. Very unstable it appears.

Leon
Pier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:02 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
For OS X, supposedly you have to make sure the region settings (locale) are set to something eBook Library 3.0 supports. I suggest US.

If you have Windows 7, set eBook Library 3.0 to Vista compatibility to get it to run.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:11 AM   #10
Pier
Enthusiast
Pier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for trying to help. I did all that with the support person at Sony but it's still not working.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:06 PM   #11
hmgreen
Enthusiast
hmgreen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -600, -900, Kindle 2, Touch, PW1 (all gone), PW2, Voyage

I reverted to vers 2.5 on Vista and it works.

I too am waiting on a Sony call-back. At some point I expect they will repost after all of us unwitting beta testers find all their S/W bugs.
hmgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:55 AM   #12
leonnyan
Enthusiast
leonnyan began at the beginning.

Device: PRS700BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pier View Post
I had the exact same problem. I spent hours with sony support staff trying to fix it...clean uninstall of the previous version, new install of v3 (Multiple tries), etc. It installs successfully but will not launch. The support person made me reinstall previous version from their link so that I could at least have one software working while we try to find the problem but now...this version is not launching either! As a last resort I was told someone would get back to me by phone and would help me find the problem. First they were to call me on Friday night...no show...then after I called them back it was Sunday....no show either! So I'm stuch with no software for my reader!!!
Hi Pier,

My story continued...

After my long hours of working with Sony IM supported, I called the eBook Store support (tele only). Their staff reverted me back to v2.5 and I was able to re-sync my DRM/store content. They also cleaned up my device count on the store.

Still, I am not satisfied. I would be happy to send logs to their QE or eng teams but they do not seem to be visible - no blogs I can find or email address to report bugs.

Oh well. I guess I'll wait for an update to the software. I hope it isn't long

--Leon
leonnyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:17 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
For those with issues running eBook library 3.0 under Windows, what version of Windows are you using and what region settings do you have? Are you using Norton of any kind?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:48 AM   #14
bvonhandorf
bvonhandorf began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
For OS X, supposedly you have to make sure the region settings (locale) are set to something eBook Library 3.0 supports. I suggest US.

If you have Windows 7, set eBook Library 3.0 to Vista compatibility to get it to run.
The Vista compatibility trick worked great for me, thanks! I've been struggling with this since I bought my reader yesterday. They MIGHT want to test with Windows 7 pretty quickly here...

Thanks again.
bvonhandorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:21 AM   #15
Pier
Enthusiast

Thank you all for trying to help me. You're a great group! Alas! nothing is working yet and I'm still waiting for the support person to get back to me. I operate under Vista with Karpesky security. I tried different compatibility settings and I also tried with Karpesky disabled and nothing is working. I tried both US and Canada region settings.