Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-22-2008, 09:56 PM   #91
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
A few weeks ago someone--I think it was Bob--suggested that I add tooltips to the download links on my downloads page, to help newer users figure out which format to download. I thought it was a great idea, but didn't know how. Now I do (I looked at the source file for xkcd), and I've added them.

If anyone would like to check it over and tell me if you think it's helpful--or suggest any alternate wording or useful information--I'd be grateful.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:43 PM   #92
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
If anyone would like to check it over and tell me if you think it's helpful--or suggest any alternate wording or useful information--I'd be grateful.
Nice... I like it. What a great idea.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:00 PM   #93
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I used to ride a scooter.

A few weeks ago, I totaled it and broke my left leg. I've been down at my parents' house recovering ever since.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:53 AM   #94
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
I used to ride a scooter.

A few weeks ago, I totaled it and broke my left leg. I've been down at my parents' house recovering ever since.
Oww! Really sorry to hear that! How'd it happen?
Old 10-27-2008, 07:11 AM   #95
Joerg_Mosthaf
Connoisseur
Joerg_Mosthaf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2i, iPhone
Quote:
Looks good. Works on all browsers I checked (Firefox2 and 3, IE6 and 7) and the info looks helpful to me.

On the free ebook to sales translation question: Worked for me. I bought all available ebooks on fictionwise and BoB and pre-orderd "Sunborn" at Amazon. But I have been known to be a bit excitable about stuff I like

Since I have my CyBook I hardly buy paperbacks anymore. I only buy ebooks and the hardcover version of books I like (signed if possible) - after I read them as an ebook.
Well and books I can't wait to read and which are not out as ebooks
Joerg_Mosthaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:18 PM   #96
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joerg_Mosthaf View Post
On the free ebook to sales translation question: Worked for me. I bought all available ebooks on fictionwise and BoB and pre-orderd "Sunborn" at Amazon.
Thanks! I should quote you to my agent, who was less than enthusiastic about my giving away books.

By the way, two more of my books, The Rapture Effect and Dragon Rigger, are supposed to be out within the month as ebooks from ereads.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:42 PM   #97
JRM34857
Enthusiast
JRM34857 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 / Kindle 3 / Nook Touch
Hardcover/Ebook combination

Jeff,

Maybe you could sell hardback copies of 'Sunborn" on your website then include the ebook version with the email receipt. That way you would be selling hardbacks and we'd get our digital edition.

rob
JRM34857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:24 PM   #98
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRM34857 View Post
Jeff,

Maybe you could sell hardback copies of 'Sunborn" on your website then include the ebook version with the email receipt. That way you would be selling hardbacks and we'd get our digital edition.

rob
That is a very interesting idea! I'm going to give that some serious thought. What do the rest of you, as readers, think about it? Would you feel it was a good deal--free ebook with the purchase of a hardcover, either directly from me or with proof-of-purchase from a bookstore?
Old 10-27-2008, 06:00 PM   #99
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
That is a very interesting idea! I'm going to give that some serious thought. What do the rest of you, as readers, think about it? Would you feel it was a good deal--free ebook with the purchase of a hardcover, either directly from me or with proof-of-purchase from a bookstore?
I long ago said that I think ebook should be given for free when you buy the pbook, or maybe even for a $1 add on. But, then again, I pretty much stopped buying pbooks.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:03 AM   #100
Joerg_Mosthaf
Connoisseur
Joerg_Mosthaf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2i, iPhone
Quote:
What do the rest of you, as readers, think about it? Would you feel it was a good deal--free ebook with the purchase of a hardcover, either directly from me or with proof-of-purchase from a bookstore?
It would be great - for the readers
It would probably not change my buying habit much, as I anyway buy hardcover and eBook of books I like. Impulse buying is for ebooks only (and when I have micropay $ left over ) and I would maybe buy a bit more hardcovers from authors I like and trust to get the ebook.
Joerg_Mosthaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:52 PM   #101
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
I would much prefer to just buy the eBook, with no requirement to get the dead-tree version. I'm happy to PAY for the bits -- the typical Baen onesies price of $6 seems reasonable to me.

If the Tor/Baen thing gets going, I'll happily purchase Sunborn that way. If not, I'd greatly appreciate the opportunity to buy it in bits from you.

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 07:16 PM   #102
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

In case anyone was waiting for a .LIT version of The Infinite Sea, I now have one up, courtesy of a fellow named Robert, who is not a participant here. He just saw the need on my web site and sent me one.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:56 AM   #103
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
It sounds like a splendid idea to me.

I won't be taking it up yet though, as Im afraid the first two books have yet to reach the top of my "to be read" pile. Brandon Sanderson's "Mistborn" series has me enthralled currently.

Paul

Quote:
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote