Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #91
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
@rferran - the reason ca_ES just showed up as "ca_ES" in the language preferences list is because there was no code to convert that to Catalan - Spain. "ca" was in the code as Catalan so it shows up ok. I've noticed a couple new translation entries and have added code to convert them to their names as well. Unfortunately it can take a release to catch up with additions, but all the non-country specific names should be there already.

@theducks - I did add the info on how to get dictionaries to the User Guide, but I know its not always seen. I'd hesitate to put a link like that because what sites would you list and be sure they work ok.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #92
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
@rferran - the reason ca_ES just showed up as "ca_ES" in the language preferences list is because there was no code to convert that to Catalan - Spain. "ca" was in the code as Catalan so it shows up ok. I've noticed a couple new translation entries and have added code to convert them to their names as well. Unfortunately it can take a release to catch up with additions, but all the non-country specific names should be there already.

@theducks - I did add the info on how to get dictionaries to the User Guide, but I know its not always seen. I'd hesitate to put a link like that because what sites would you list and be sure they work ok.
The ones used by Open Office/Libre Office. I think they will be around for a while
Rather than get specific: Send them close

http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center and instruct them to use Search for Dictionary.
Or
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Dictionaries and select the Dictionary.

That way site changes are less of a problem
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #93
rferran
rferran began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3+
Hi,

Some confussion occurs with language code and keyboard model. Catalans of Spain use computers with spanish keyboard (ca_ES keyboard), but catalans of France use computers with french keyboard (ca_FR keyboard), anyway, the language is the same: "ca", and this is OK. Thanks by correcting it and by the interest.

About the dictionaries, I understand the policy, and I agree with theducks about including a link on the dicctionary preferences page. The ones he proposed results with an .ocx file and, surely, will require additional instructions. But, at least, a link ponting to the User Guide section about how to get and install other dicctionaries will be great, I think.

Greetings from Barcelona.
rferran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:26 AM   #94
rferran
rferran began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3+
Hello,

Could someone allowed to do it delete the ca_ES team of Transifex, please? I've already uploaded the translations to the right place.

Thanks
rferran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:08 AM   #95
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
What is the "RS" string in the Language context?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:25 PM   #96
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
And is the "blank" in "Blank Stylesheet" supposed to be a verb or a an adjective?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:09 PM   #97
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
And is the "blank" in "Blank Stylesheet" supposed to be a verb or a an adjective?
An adjective. As for the RS, need to look into that.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:35 PM   #98
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
... As for the RS, need to look into that.
RS has been taken care of. It's the "Republic of Serbia". Should have really ben "Serbia" in the code. I've fixed. this.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #99
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Hi user_none and meme,

I've just updated the German translation file on transifex and build a new .qm-file with Linguist (4.8.4). By checking the results I recognize, that some translations of the XMLEntities are not working (see picture, the highlighted entries). All new strings are translated.

Can you please take a look on this?
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #100
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just recognize I forgot the attachements...

AgeSigil_2013-08-10.zip contains my actual translation (*.ts and *.qm file)
The picture and attached text file shows some entries from the reporting tool with wrong language entries.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aufzeichnen.JPG
Views:	588
Size:	209.6 KB
ID:	109253  
Attached Files
File Type: zip AgeSigil_2013-08-10.zip (147.5 KB, 498 views)
File Type: txt CharactersInHTMLFilesReport.txt (4.0 KB, 472 views)

Last edited by Divingduck; 08-11-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:26 PM   #101
Divingduck
Wizard

Updated German translation file sigil_de.qm for Sigil 0.8.0
Attached Files
File Type: zip sigil_de_AGE.zip (78.0 KB, 497 views)
Old 10-19-2014, 11:50 AM   #102
Alt68er
Alt68er began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook touch lux (623)
Hi,
I'm working with Sigil already some weeks and I'm very happy with this fine editor.
Today the first time I found a missing German translation (at least in the 64bit-version of Sigil 0.8.1 for Windows):
When doing a right click into the search or replace file the corresponding context-menu appears in English although I'm working with a "German Sigil".
Unfortunately I could not find further explanations how to correct or create translation; otherwise I would have fixed it on my own and published the file here...
Have a nice Sunday,
Alt68er (Peter)
Alt68er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:38 AM   #103
Divingduck
Wizard

Hi Alt68er,

You are right. Unfortunately, there are no translation strings for this context menu. So this in nothing what we can adjust for now. We need to wait for code changes.

I update the last translation due to the changes for 0.8.1 (only minor) and forget to post it here. Sorry. Pls. see attachment below. However, it will not fix the context issue.

@user_none, KevinH

Pls. see attached picture. This context menu include items of already translated strings for the search editor. Is it maybe possible to use this for the context menu as well?

Best regards,
DivingDuck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aufzeichnen.JPG
Views:	519
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	129897  
Attached Files
File Type: zip sigil_de_AGE0.8.1.zip (78.0 KB, 472 views)
Old 10-20-2014, 10:48 AM   #104
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi Divingduck,

I'll take a peak at the code to figure out where that context menu is built and add the proper tr() calls.

Update:

The actual place this context menu is built is here (I think):

src/Sigil/Misc/FindReplaceQLineEdit.cpp

But if you look at the code, it already used tr() on two of the menu actions:

QAction *tokeniseAction = new QAction(tr("Tokenise Selection"), menu);

QAction *saveSearchAction = new QAction(tr("Save Search") % "...", menu);

So at least those two menu entries should already be translatable. The remainder of the entries in the men come from a standard Qt call:

QMenu *menu = createStandardContextMenu();

which builds the Undo, , etc, side of things and that should also be translatable.

As for the "Saved Searches Help, Example Searches ... all I have found so far is an installed search_entries.ini file. I am not sure where this gets built into a menu yet.

KevinH

Last edited by KevinH; 10-20-2014 at 01:33 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:43 PM   #105
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

As for the "Saved Searches Help" and "Example Searches", those specific menu items are built by reading the search_entries.ini file.

AFAIK ... for those to be auto translatable, there would have to be a separate version for each language since the strings are not literals (ie. need not be constant).

To test this, you could find the "search_entries.ini" file in your Sigil application and hand edit the "Name" entries being careful to not change the / entries that are used to build the menu hierarchy.

Here is a snippet form the top of that file.

Code:
[search_entries]
1\Name=Saved Searches Help
1\Find=Right click for menu to add groups or entries.  Edit or re-order any item.  Select a group to run a command for each entry in order.
1\Replace=Right click in Find & Replace text box to load any entry.
2\Name=Example Searches/Join Paragraphs
2\Find="([[:alpha:],])</p>\\s*<p\\b[^>]*>"
2\Replace="\\1 "
3\Name=Example Searches/Remove Non-Breaking Spaces/Empty paragraph
3\Find="(?s)<p\\b[^>]*>(&(nb|em|en|thin)sp;|\\s)*</p>"
3\Replace=
4\Name=Example Searches/Remove Non-Breaking Spaces/Trailing space
4\Find="&(nbsp|#160);(</p>)"
4\Replace=\\2
5\Name=Example Searches/Remove Non-Breaking Spaces/Leading space
5\Find="(<p[^>]*>)&(nbsp|#160);"
5\Replace=\\1
6\Name=Example Searches/Convert Characters to Entities/ensp
6\Find=\x2002
6\Replace="&ensp;"
7\Name=Example Searches/Convert Characters to Entities/emsp
7\Find=\x2003
7\Replace="&emsp;"
If these strings don't change (are simply literals read in from a file), then there is no reason we could not look them up with a tr() function if we could add them to the strings that need to be translated.

Similar issue will probably exist with the clip_entries.ini file contents as well.

I still don't know why the base menu undo, copy, paste, are not translated.

Sorry I can't be more help here but perhaps user_none might be able to let us know for sure.

Take care,

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote