Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-06-2012, 10:48 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Prevent filename changing

I thought I had fixed Calibre so when I add a book, it does not change the filename. I was wrong. So, how do I set Calibre to stop changing the filenames? I have them the way I want. I don't want them the way Calibre wants them.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:39 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You cannot. The internal structure of the Calibre library is not under user control (and never has been). You should read the sticky on this subject.

What you can control is the naming stle that you want to be used when you exprt books from Calibre.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
You cannot. The internal structure of the Calibre library is not under user control (and never has been). You should read the sticky on this subject.

What you can control is the naming stle that you want to be used when you exprt books from Calibre.
But I can't control the filename on export. It's been changed already and already screwed up. No regex can put it right. I use version numbers in the filename like the pirates do to keep track of changes in case I make any. I lose the version number in the filename when I import to Calibre.

If I was to make a version number column, could I use that to add the version number to the filename and if so, how?

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-07-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If I was to make a version number column, could I use that to add the version number to the filename and if so, how?
Yes. I do the same. To add it to your filename on export, simply change your save template, for example:

{title} - v{#version}
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Yes. I do the same. To add it to your filename on export, simply change your save template, for example:

{title} - v{#version}
Thanks. That helped.