Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 11:43 AM   #16
rmorrow
rmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
Personally I prefer the quotes. My only problem is the screen times out before I've finished reading some of the longer quotes.
rmorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:36 PM   #17
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoboJW View Post
Quick question for those who have now gotten their bookcover to show on the lock screen - do you prefer it? Originally I thought I would (which is why I made it the default), but I have since turned it off because I like the look of the quote. Thoughts?

James
I agree that the quotes can get old. At the moment, I prefer the book cover - I kind of like that if you pull out your Vox on the bus (or in my case, ferry) someone might be able to peek over before you unlock to see what you are reading. That is the saddest thing about eReaders in my opinion - you lose the ability to find new reads or connect with others reading what you've read in public.

If it takes me too long to read any specific book or if I read a book with an unbecoming cover, I might switch back to quotes.
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #18
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoboJW View Post
Quick question for those who have now gotten their bookcover to show on the lock screen - do you prefer it? Originally I thought I would (which is why I made it the default), but I have since turned it off because I like the look of the quote. Thoughts?

James
Personally I do prefer the covers; If there was one change, I'd like to be able to see it full screen as the background wallpaper like you do with the quilt, or at least have an option to do so if one wanted.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #19
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraPony View Post
That is the saddest thing about eReaders in my opinion - you lose the ability to find new reads or connect with others reading what you've read in public.

That's what Pulse is for...
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:20 PM   #20
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by estelle58 View Post
That's what Pulse is for...
You're right - different type of public though. And so far, Pulse is pretty dead... (can't wait for it to pick up!)
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:55 PM   #21
cristovao
cristovao began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacmart View Post
I was in contact with someone from Kobo and they said it was a known issue, waking up then sleeping again. Fixed in the next release.
What's this "next release" referring to? The Kobo software or the Android OS version?
cristovao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:42 PM   #22
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Next firmware update, I'll bet. Which hopefully updates the Kobo app a bit too.

Speaking of which, turning off and on the 'covers' option finally got the cover to show up.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:22 PM   #23
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaikara View Post
Try going into settings and uncheck where it says show book on lock screen. Close out of settings and go back in and check it again. That's what got mine working.

Didn't work for me I unchecked the box and when I got back to check it again it was still checked
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote