Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-27-2018, 08:53 PM   #991
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi

For me, the quality of the reading experience is the paramount quality of any engine to the point that I sometimes convert to custom PDF my -custom- ePubs to be sure to avoid all glitches.

This explains why I was so thrilled when the muPDF engine was made available in February 2018 as an alternative engine for Koreader users to read ePub I tested it at once, it looked very precise and promising but one key feature was missing: the user could not change the font size.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=feature+muPDF

At first I thought that it was a small tune up which would be implemented quickly. For some reason, it did not happen, and we are about to celebrate the first anniversary of this new feature without having been given a chance to even read a single book with it.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 02:57 PM   #992
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I mainly hoped to motivate others to improve upon it. I'm afraid I haven't really had much time to look at it. That was one year ago already? Wow.

As an aside, while really stupid in principle, reflow actually works tremendously well on a MuPDF-rendered EPUBs.

I do apologize for not at least giving you the following information more explicitly, although at the time I hadn't actually tried it like I did now. As a basic workaround you could mod the PdfDocument file yourself like this:
Code:
diff --git a/frontend/document/pdfdocument.lua b/frontend/document/pdfdocument.lua
index 34f072e9..14ae115d 100644
--- a/frontend/document/pdfdocument.lua
+++ b/frontend/document/pdfdocument.lua
@@ -42,6 +42,8 @@ function PdfDocument:init()
     if not ok then
         error(self._document)  -- will contain error message
     end
+    local Screen = Device.screen
+    self._document:layoutDocument(Screen:getWidth(), Screen:getHeight(), 50)
     self.is_open = true
     self.info.has_pages = true
     self.info.configurable = true
In a diff file, + means added lines and - means removed lines.

So basically just add those two lines in that location:
Code:
    local Screen = Device.screen
    self._document:layoutDocument(Screen:getWidth(), Screen:getHeight(), 50)
The "50" here is a font size value that you can play around with.

The problem is integrating it properly into the UI, and even purely code-wise that's a just quick hack instead of proper code that can actually go into the program.

But of course perfection is the enemy of progress. Proper code + configuration first, UI later. I can't promise anything though; my spare time may be limited.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2018, 05:26 AM   #993
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
@Frenzie

To report success!!

Sorry for knocking insistently at your door.

I tried your patch, inserting manually these two lines with 50 value and it fits exactly. The display is perfect (at least on some pages of the trial ePub) with the same amount of lines per page it is intended to have.

As far as I am concerned, I shall keep it this way until further notice and shall test further this new muPDF ePub renderer. I'll need some days for it and shall report back here asap.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 11:51 AM   #994
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Picture of Touch screen functions

Is somewhere a picture of the touch screen Functions, where i can see, what happens when touching ina certain area?
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:56 PM   #995
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Actually, you would need two main pictures and some sub-pictures for them, plus a number to cover the various plugins and the screens they may generate. For most of them you would also need to have a way to show the results for both a tap and a "long press". The various swipe gestures would be needed as well.

Perhaps, someone running the emulator could find a way to run a video capture program like is done for games. Then a video could be produced that would show the effects of the many touchscreen gestures. A "moving finger" cursor might be needed. It could be added in post editing.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 11-30-2018 at 08:58 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2019, 03:54 PM   #996
Frozenium
Frozenium began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hello. I can not download books on opds by addresses.
coollib.com/opds
flibustahezeous3.onion.link/opds

catalog navigation works.
Frozenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 12:03 PM   #997
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

coollib.com/opds uses HTTPS and redirects

It's a known issue that redirects aren't supported in combination with HTTPS in our current luasec/luasocket backend.

https://github.com/brunoos/luasec/pull/38
https://github.com/diegonehab/luasocket/pull/133

For your particular case, it can be worked around like this:
Code:
diff --git a/frontend/ui/widget/opdsbrowser.lua b/frontend/ui/widget/opdsbrowser.lua
index c854f15d..6da606d4 100644
--- a/frontend/ui/widget/opdsbrowser.lua
+++ b/frontend/ui/widget/opdsbrowser.lua
@@ -497,7 +497,7 @@ function OPDSBrowser:downloadFile(item, format, remote_url)
                 local auth = string.format("%s:%s", item.username, item.password)
                 local hostname = parsed.host

-                dummy, c = https.request {
+                dummy, c, h = https.request {
                     url         = remote_url,
                     headers     = { Authorization = "Basic " .. mime.b64(auth), ["Host"] = hostname },
                     sink        = ltn12.sink.file(io.open(local_path, "w")),
@@ -515,6 +515,13 @@ function OPDSBrowser:downloadFile(item, format, remote_url)
                     self.file_downloaded_callback(local_path)
                 end
             else
+if c and c > 299 and c < 400  and h and h["location"] then -- handle 301, 302...
+   local redirected_url = h["location"]
+        dummy, c = https.request {
+            url         = redirected_url,
+            sink        = ltn12.sink.file(io.open(local_path, "w")),
+        }
+end
                 UIManager:show(InfoMessage:new {
                     text = _("Could not save file to:\n") .. local_path,
                     timeout = 3,
Perhaps someone would like to flesh that out a bit more?
Old 02-25-2019, 08:17 AM   #998
Frozenium
Frozenium began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
For your particular case, it can be worked around like this:
Thank! It really works. In those links where I could not download books, download now takes place.
Although he writes that he could not download the book. But in fact, the book appears in the file manager.

Sorry for my English.
Frozenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:10 AM   #999
Frenzie
Wizard

Yes, it's just a proof of concept hack.
Old 05-31-2019, 12:06 PM   #1000
makara
Connoisseur
makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: KA1, KLH2O, Oasis 3
Answers received. Thank.

Last edited by makara; 06-02-2019 at 11:43 AM.
makara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 03:42 PM   #1001
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The buttons are iffy on the Voyage because of Amazon shenanigans. Amazon being Amazon, and the lack of interested devs with the device means we probably won't ever get to the bottom of this quirk.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:42 AM   #1002
makara
Connoisseur
makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: KA1, KLH2O, Oasis 3
How to change the size and font of the top status bar? A very small battery, and the percentage of charge I generally can not see.

Last edited by makara; 06-02-2019 at 02:19 PM.
makara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 05:29 PM   #1003
jhh
jhh began at the beginning.

Device: KT4
Anybody managed to use KOReader on KT4?

I installed koreader-kindlepw2-arm-kindlepw2-linux-gnueabi-v2019.05 over a jailbroken KT4 (i.e. Kindle 10th generation "basic") with KUAL, but when trying to open it jumps back to home screen.
The other installer variants (kindle and legacy) do not work too.
jhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 05:31 PM   #1004
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhh View Post
Anybody managed to use KOReader on KT4?

I installed koreader-kindlepw2-arm-kindlepw2-linux-gnueabi-v2019.05 over a jailbroken KT4 (i.e. Kindle 10th generation "basic") with KUAL, but when trying to open it jumps back to home screen.
The other installer variants (kindle and legacy) do not work too.
NiLuJe's already on it. KT4 support should be coming in the nightlies soon.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/5057

http://build.koreader.rocks/download/nightly/
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 06:00 PM   #1005
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
As in, on the 5th around 7AM UTC .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch