Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 05-07-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
bluesbeat
bluesbeat began at the beginning.

Device: none
Ordering from Australia

Hi,
I notice there are others here from Australia. As a newbie, no doubt been answered before...but how do i order from Oz if the website appears to only cater for US and Canada residents?
I'm interested in the 5" model.
regards,
Geoff
bluesbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesbeat View Post
Hi,
I notice there are others here from Australia. As a newbie, no doubt been answered before...but how do i order from Oz if the website appears to only cater for US and Canada residents?
regards,
Geoff
The parent site http://astak.com/ can be used for international orders.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2010, 12:52 PM   #3
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Welcome, Geoff

Quote:
Hi,
regards,
Geoff
Dear Geoff:

Yes, you can order internationally on: www.astak.com

There is a Mother's Day sale on until midnight on May 16. The price is now $175 plus freight. This applies to all colors that are in stock. By the way, it includes a free 2GB SD card pre-loaded with 700 classics.

Yes, we do a LOT of Australia business this way and our wonderful aussies seem very pleased.

When you receive the device please remember to do the following:

1. Charge 10-12 hours. When the green light comes on... keep charging. Green only means it is starting to approach "full".
2. Read our FAQ sheet at: www.theEZreader.com/html under "support".
3. Your unit will arrive without any firmware upgrades on it. That is normal as the device links to the computer and we want it to be your computer. You can do the latest only upgrade at: www.theEZreader.com/html again under "support". That will give you things like the visable clock, 9 levels of font increase, hyperlinks, and a search engine.
4. No matter what the User Manual says: always recharge fully when the Battery Charge Life meter shows a little below 1/2. Do not let the battery become exhausted before charging. The manual was written many months ago and the FAQ sheet is updated every month.

I hope we do see you on here again soon telling us you love your new 5 inch Pocket PRO!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:45 PM   #4
bluesbeat

I'm obviously missing something. In order to order something I need to register on the website. In order to do that I get the choice of US or Canada only.
Please advise
Old 05-07-2010, 10:08 PM   #5
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
I'm obviously missing something. In order to order something I need to register on the website. In order to do that I get the choice of US or Canada only.
Please advise
If you go to www.astak.com, on the left hand side of the loaded page (may need to scroll down a little) you will see a graphic link that says "EZ Reader Series International Orders Click Here" If you click that you will be sent to the following page (http://www.astak.com/ezreader/step1.asp).

This should get you going.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2010, 11:27 PM   #6
bluesbeat

Oh, Gawd, I must be blind! Thanks, just didn't see it.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:53 AM   #7
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Oh, Gawd, I must be blind! Thanks, just didn't see it.
Neither did I. I had to be told the first time too
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 03:34 AM   #8
bluesbeat

I don't really need to get it until late Sept, i realize it is on special at the moment, but just wondering if that is because new models are coming perhaps?
Old 05-08-2010, 06:27 AM   #9
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I don't really need to get it until late Sept, i realize it is on special at the moment, but just wondering if that is because new models are coming perhaps?
From my complete understanding on the situation, the 6" is being updated according to Robert *hopefully* in the next 4 weeks or so (he doesn't have a confirmed date but no doubt will tell us exactly when he knows for certain). The 5" is not being updated. Infact the 6" is being updated to similar specs as the 5" (400mhz processor, sdhc card slot, epson controller). Given the 6" remained essentially unchanged for the last 2-3 or so years, I would suspect the 5" will remain unchanged for sometime yet (and if you look at the ebook matrix https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_Reader_Matrix you will noticed the 5" is one of the fastest units there).

The sale price is a special for mothers day.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:36 PM   #10
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
No new 5 inch models planned right now.

Quote:
Dear Bluesbeat:

There is no plan I have heard of a new 5 inch. There is a new 6 inch called the EZ Reader PLUS coming, maybe in 3-5 weeks. The PLUS will be as fast at the 5 inch now and have a 16 level gray scale screen, plus a few other changes to improve speed and loading. But, the 5 inch remains a hell of a great FAST device with fabulous features and is not due to change anytime soon. Not even the PLUS will have the Scroll Wheel that the 5 inch has!

It is on special in honor of Mother's Day! After May 16 it will go right back to the regular price and NOT have the 2GB card preloaded with 700 classics.

At Astak we traditionally TRY to celebrate the holidays!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:00 AM   #11
rling
Connoisseur
rling began at the beginning.

Device: Mentor Lite, Nook Color, Pocket Pro
I have ordered and got 2 PocketPros from Astak - one when it was first released, and then a second just before Christmas as a present. Delivery is very quick. Ordered on Friday afternoon, received confirmation on Saturday am (our time) and had the unit in my hands by Thursday the following week.
rling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:26 AM   #12
Riiyachan
Riiyachan began at the beginning.

Device: Purple EZ Reader Pocket Pro
i must concur to this, very fast delivery...i got my PP in less than a week...and thats counting weekends.
Riiyachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:58 AM   #13
Solicitous
Wizard

I for one agree with the fast delivery. I ordered on a Wednesday afternoon EST, and received confirmation the following day. A week later on the Thursday it arrived to my door. Given that there was a long weekend on the Monday, and the Tuesday my tracking number was updated to say it had gone through customs, coupled with being in Tassie, I was damned pleased. I have had parcels take longer shipping interstate from Vic or NSW take longer.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:43 PM   #14
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rling View Post
I have ordered and got 2 PocketPros from Astak - one when it was first released, and then a second just before Christmas as a present. Delivery is very quick. Ordered on Friday afternoon, received confirmation on Saturday am (our time) and had the unit in my hands by Thursday the following week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riiyachan View Post
i must concur to this, very fast delivery...i got my PP in less than a week...and thats counting weekends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
I for one agree with the fast delivery. I ordered on a Wednesday afternoon EST, and received confirmation the following day. A week later on the Thursday it arrived to my door. Given that there was a long weekend on the Monday, and the Tuesday my tracking number was updated to say it had gone through customs, coupled with being in Tassie, I was damned pleased. I have had parcels take longer shipping interstate from Vic or NSW take longer.
Wow, now I am a little bit concerned. I received the automated reply that my order was successful, but I am still waiting for confirmation and/or tracking number. I placed my order on Saturday (must have been around midday in the US).
But I suppose a lot of people are ordering now, because of the Mother's Day sale. I just hope it arrives before the 19th. Otherwise my mum will have to wait another few months for her Pocket Pro...
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:48 PM   #15
Solicitous
Wizard

It was (not sure if still the case), international orders wont be sent a tracking number, so a quick phone call and they will provide you with your number. I believe it is something to do with paypal as the method of billing, but I can't be sure. I rang and got mine when I ordered.

Either way a quick 2 min phone call will get you your number.